I need help from scratch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help from scratch

OK, so here I am again, not being here for a long time, sorry about that, I wanted to travel to my home country in Lebanon, but couldn't because of what is going on lately there.

Now, I am here to do my own web site, I know nothing about it, I am still studying Graphic Design, so I know how to do it, but, I was thinking about home made "***** Pie" site, you all know about these stuff more than I do, like

What I need to be successful?
    Is it a good idea?
    How can I know how the UPS will get if I need to ship an ***** pie?
    What I need to put in the box to let my food stay healthy?

So many questions, but I know nothing about them, I really need to make my own business, now more than ever, I want a good start though.

Do I need a special food legal paper or what ever the name is, so I can start this?

Thank you for all the help.

Re: I need help from scratch

Start with your State or Local Government about licensing and Food handling requirements. and meeting FDA requirements. Then you can worry about overnite delivery and who!

Im not sure ***** Pie is the way to go when you can run to the local store and get one for $5 bucks. It would have to be SPECIAL ***** pie. People are often hesitant to order food over the internet if its not local or a big company with a reputation of fine or gourmet foods and processing. Do your research and market background checks so you get an idea of what the odds are.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you Karen, I think working with food is more difficult :)
      My recipe is original, it is a French ***** pie and home made, this is why it was an original idea, but it need a lot of stuff to go thru it I think.

Thank you for the first step.

Comment

Joe..

It could work well locally.. Didnt mean to stop you. Key would be to get them in local bake shops and specialty stores, or even mom and pop convenience stores...and actually DO the delivering locally.. get known and then step up the process! Make it where they could order and schedule delivery times online. Then.. you could go further.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

If you are passionate about what you want to accomplish: sell homemade French ***** Pies....then that's EXACTLY what you need to focus on -SELLING.

Even though you are definitely asking the right questions, you should ask yourself if the answers would have anything to do with CREATING THE DEMAND for your pies. Let me explain:

If you want to distribute your pies hot, you will definitely want to keep the cost to do so AS LOW AS POSSIBLE while maintaining product quality.
          This means that you will need a delivery system that complies with all applicable food handling and health regulations...e.g. delivery truck, van, or other.
          If you wanted to distribute cold pies like "Mrs. Smith's", well....I don't have enough energy right now to begin wrapping my mind around their distribution system.

Anyways, Karen made the right suggestion of focusing you efforts locally. As far as your website goes, hmm...

Here's an idea! --Make it all about YOU andYOUR french ***** pie. Provide some background about the recipe (without giving it away-since you are trying to sell it) and maybe some history behind it and how you learned to make it. Have a place for people who have tried your pie to leave comments...and have like one or two good ones on the home page.
          As far as who to market your pie to...hmmm, I'm thinking:

Friends
          Co-workers(if applicable)
          Catering Services
          Party Planners
          Banquet Halls
          etc...
          ***When they need need a dessert for their clients or somekind of event, wouldn't you want your Homemade French ***** Pie to be the first choice? Besides, these services and businesses are always buying, and in bulk, too.***

According to the Health Department, the temperature range of your food when storing or delivering should be below 40°F or above 140°F. This is because bacteria grows within this temperature range.

Okay, all this talk of ***** pie is distracting, hahahah. I should take a break.

I hope to hear more about your pie site!

~I wish for nothing but the best for you and your ***** pies!~
          Robert
          www.GraphXntrix.com
          Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Karen and Robert thank you :)

I was so busy lately I did not log in, I appreciate that help a lot and will do so.
            Thank you again :)

Comment

Working...
            X