Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new website

Hi everybody,

I finally published my website a few days ago (I must say that the whole process has been pretty easy and intuitive - nice job, Bluevoda), and I'd love to get your opinion about it.

Here it is:
    www.domenicocodispoti.com

Thanks!

domenico
    domenico codispoti
    pianist

Re: My new website

Hi, nice looking site. I like the menu style. The only bit I got lost on was when I selected schedule it may have been nice to still be able to select other years from the schedule on the top menu as well as where you have placed links at the top of the list on each page. (didn’t see them at 1st)
    On the Media page you may have forgotten to reduce the film strip image at the back of your photos. This is still at about 3 meg.http://www.domenicocodispoti.com/film.bmp (Thought it was a bit slow)

On the contact us page a couple of the images were a bit fuzzy. Don’t know if these are any use.

----------

Sites got a nice style,

Good luck.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, Chris.

I corrected already the film strip (used a compresed one), and tried the logos you found for me but it's even worse with those. I had noticed the problem myself but couldn't fix it with what I found online. I'll try and have the original logo in a better file.
      The schedule menu - I see your point, but I'd have to repeat twice "schedule" in the Menu, or make the title as a menu bar with the other years. Hmmm.... don't know, I'll have to try and see how it would look. I'll think of something to make more visible the links too.

Thanks a lot!

domenico

ps: how can I put a signature down here?! thanks again...
      domenico codispoti
      pianist

Comment

Very, very nice!

You've hit a high mark, Domenico, and have something you can proudly steer admirers to.

Add your signature? Simply visit the "User CP" located at the top left of every page of the Forum.....click on Signature....
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

High class, understated, minimalist ... excellent ... really love what you have achieved ... well done ...
          kym, merlin & tala
          creating white majick
          www.whiteshepherds.com.au
          www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
          www.merlinsmajick.com
          www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Thanks guys!
            domenico codispoti
            pianist

Comment

Nice ... I am a fan of black and white ... great job.

Just one thing, you could shorten up a few of your pages if you liked, by bringing the text (after a break in content, a new paragraph, you will see where I mean) but if you separated that text up into it's own text box and brought it flush in line with the left side of the photo, a couple of your pages could be a little shorter. Just a thought ...

Might be nice to have your website address along with copyright symbol and All Rights Reserved at the bottom of each page, you could also even add your navigation menu in text along the bottom, this all helps with things.

You might consider a contact form for your contact information, as well as a text line of your email address, not everyone wants to click an email link that opens their default browser ...

And speaking of email address, you should consider using an email address related to your website, available in mail through your control panel ...

Nice job on the audio clips!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the advices, LadyEye, I've added a line at the bottom of any page with the Copyright symbol and contact infos as well.
                Didn't quite get your suggestions on how to reduce the page lenght, but I think I'll split the page in two creating a submenu - for my reviews page - anyway.

I have a question about the guestbook, since I see your point and I'd like to include it. Are the messages received on that page only visible to me? I'd put it only if that's the case.
                domenico codispoti
                pianist

Comment

Here is what I meant about the page length and rearranging the text ...

For instance
                  On this page http://www.domenicocodispoti.com/reviews.html

You have your photo and the text appears to the right of the photo on the page for it's entire length. If you separated the text, (I see a natural separation after the first paragraph,) and if you started that paragraph right below the photo, in line with the left side of the photo - you would get more words going across the page in a line of text. As it is now, the entire area underneath the photo, the entire way down the page, is just
                  empty. I am suggesting to rearrange your text there. You can use more
                  that one text box on a page ... so I was suggesting to separate it up ...

In so far as the guestbook, if you use the Viper Guestbook, found in your control panel, under the Icon Fantastico (the little blue smily) you can monitor the posts that enter your guestbook. You have an administration
                  panel and you will see where it will say Approve Comments, - you then have the choice to approve the comment and allow it in the guestbook, or you can delete the comment and ban the user if need be.

To have a guestbook, accept a person's comment, and never allow any comments in your guestbook is not a good thing. It would look as though
                  you had an empty guestbook at all times ... Know what I mean ? But in answer to your question sure, you could view the comments and delete or never allow them to enter the guestbook.

Installation of the guestbook is pretty straight forward, and you can even modify the colors to match your site ... install in - directory guestbook - if you so decide .. you will fill this in during installation ... your link to the guestbook and administation panel will be emailed to you - (be sure to tick that you want those installation things emailed to you and you should keep that email) .. then go into the admin panel and set things up ...

It would be a nice addition to your site actually.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
                    Here is what I meant about the page length and rearranging the text ...

For instance
                    On this page http://www.domenicocodispoti.com/reviews.html

You have your photo and the text appears to the right of the photo on the page for it's entire length. If you separated the text, (I see a natural separation after the first paragraph,) and if you started that paragraph right below the photo, in line with the left side of the photo - you would get more words going across the page in a line of text. As it is now, the entire area underneath the photo, the entire way down the page, is just
                    empty. I am suggesting to rearrange your text there. You can use more
                    that one text box on a page ... so I was suggesting to separate it up ...
                    But actually I have it already separated in 4 text boxes in different shapes to fill in the whole page, I wonder why you see the empty space...
                    The page is exactly how you're suggesting it to be since the beginning and to me it looks right. Is it because you're not using Explorer or you're on a Mac, maybe?

I'll think about the guestbook, thanks for help!
                    domenico codispoti
                    pianist

Comment

I am using IE6 and it just may be that we each have a different perspective on lining things up ... here is how I see it, is this the same for you? There is nothing wrong with the way it is, I was merely making a suggestion, it's fine without moving anything ..

I was just figuring if you did pull that text over to the left, you could save space, and then pull your 2nd photo in a bit from the right ...
                      Attached Files

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

The other thing that I would like to add is that the tag "Media" may be better suited for a press kit and use something like "Sounds" for the audio file samples.
                        Affordable Medical Insurance
                        Discount Dental Plan
                        Washington State Health Insurance
                        Temporary Health Insurance
                        Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

I used "media" because I included audio and pictures in the same page (and I found its use quite popular in similar websites), but I see your point - I'll think of a press kit anyway, that's a good idea.
                          I'm also going to separate the reviews page in 2 separate ones, to reduce the length.
                          Thanks for the suggestions!
                          domenico codispoti
                          pianist

Comment

Working...
                          X