Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New website - Another pianist (!)

Hello all!

First of all, a big thank you to BlueVoda. It is truly great and I will recommend it to anyone...

I have now constructed my first website. I would love to get feedback if possible.

Here it is: www.meiyifoo.com

Look forward to hearing from you,
    MeiYi
    MeiYi
    www.meiyifoo.com

Re: New website - Another pianist (!)

Hi

I don't know if it is just me or not, but I cannot get past your first page ...

??

Do you have it linked to enter the site?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi,

There should be a little enter by the "leaves".

hopefully (!)

MeiYi
      MeiYi
      www.meiyifoo.com

Comment

Okay, I found it in front page ... but it is white .. and it is very small and it is blending in with the background ...

I think you had better make it black (or color of the leaves) and a bit bigger and visible to all ...

And I don't think you have it linked either ... you will need to link this to the page that you want to take us to ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

hmm.... that is slightly strange.

My friend is sitting right next to me with his own laptop and is linking the index page into bio without problem.

...but yes, perhaps I should change the colour slightly. I was going for the "delicate & subtle look" but I guess useless if no one could see it...!

Thanks Ladyeye.

www.meiyifoo.com
          MeiYi
          www.meiyifoo.com

Comment

Well, wait until someone else comes into the thread then and see if they can see the word Enter ... hmmmm

It is to the bottom left of the leaves, and unless you hit your mouse pointer right on it, for it to roll over, the color blends right into your background, at least for me it does ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi ... that's much better now, we can all see it .. and you have definitely captured the delicate and subtle look ... you've done a really nice job ... the linking to the smaller pages in pop ups is really nice. If there was anything I'd have to say that I didn't like, might be your navigation menu and where it is at ... that doesn't have the same look to me as you have laid out with the rest of the site ... but it is totally fine too ... You've done a great job!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I would HIGHLY recommend reserving the rollover for another navigation featured elsewhere; you need to make entry to your site by visitors CLEARLY an invitation, not a challenge (as is presently with a faint gray and smaller than legible size font)!!!

>> Make it Black and not less than 10pt -- preferrably to the right of the flora, more under your name -- if you hope to make your site memorable (and easily accessible) for your intended visitors.
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I agree with Vasili regarding the size of the 'enter'; best not to make people work so much.
                  I like the overall look of your site. I think you have acheived the subtle elegance you were aiming for.
                  Noticed a couple of things worth noting I think:
                  The page is alittle wide. When I click on your menu and it does a side out thing it is off my screen. So either narrowing down the whole thing a bit ( should optimally be 800 or less) or shrinking the font size on your menu would take care of that.
                  The only other thing is the long bio link. It goes to an adobe pdf, which I opted to not open as I hate adobe. For some of us adobe takes a bit to load, and I would rather have had a web page to click to rather than a program to open so I could view more info agout you.
                  Small thin, maybe, and aslo maybe my perosnal preference.
                  IN any case, great job, nicely done.
                  Liz
                  www.sebastopolparty.com
                  www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

I love what you are doing but I do have to agree with all the preceding comments ... I find if I have to work too hard to enter a site I just go somewhere else ... I love the minimalist look and think you have done a fantastic job ...
                    kym, merlin & tala
                    creating white majick
                    www.whiteshepherds.com.au
                    www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
                    www.merlinsmajick.com
                    www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Thank you so much for all your positive opinions - I will take everything into consideration.

This has been so exciting!

Sincerely,
                      MeiYi

www.meiyifoo.com
                      Last edited by BlueUser; 06-22-2007, 02:20 PM. Reason: forgot to include web address
                      MeiYi
                      www.meiyifoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by BlueUser View Post
                        Thank you so much for all your positive opinions - I will take everything into consideration.

This has been so exciting!

Sincerely,
                        MeiYi

www.meiyifoo.com
                        Hi again MeiYi

Just noticed you have edited your post to include your signature ... you can have your website address permanently appear everytime you make a post without having to add it yourself ... go to quick links at the top of the forum, edit signature, add your link and voila ... it will appear for you in every post ...

P.S.

I am missing your enter text altogether again ... it is not there again, lol ...

You may need to change the link color - choose properties on the page and adjust the color of your links there ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi LadyEye,

I took out enter all together as I've linked the whole picture and my name to the bio page. I assume visitors could almost click anywhere on the page to bring them on to the content... Would that be easier for the public? *fingers crossed*
                          MeiYi
                          www.meiyifoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by BlueUser View Post
                            Hi LadyEye,

I took out enter all together as I've linked the whole picture and my name to the bio page. I assume visitors could almost click anywhere on the page to bring them on to the content... Would that be easier for the public? *fingers crossed*
                            I think you have to assume the lowest comon denometer - that is, that you have to hand-feed directions to people.

Generally speaking: give directions for everything, as if the user can not figure out anything

Bottom line, you need an enter button of some sort.
                            Liz
                            www.sebastopolparty.com
                            www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Well, yes, linking the entire page is a great idea ... but I will just tell you what happened to me once ...

I figured that people would come to a page and since I had my entire page linked to enter I just assumed they would hit it with their cursor and enter ... well guess what, I had someone that didn't they stopped at that page, were looking for directions, or the word enter and they didn't go any further .. so ... you never know what people are going to do or not do ...

So I would suggest just adding the words Enter Site - doesn't have to be that big, but needs to be readable and doesn't have to be linked, you could put it under the word Pianist, smaller than that, because wherever they then click they will land on the next page ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                              X