contact page form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• contact page form

I give up I've tried my thank you page and contact page every way the video and written form tutorials said to do it. It's probably something simple but I don't have a clue. Can some one help me? My website is published.
    donprofit profitinforeclosures.com
    RENT TO OWN A Home With No Qualifying FREE Manual Shows You How. Buy With A Lease Option

Re: contact page won't go to email

Is http://www.profitinforeclosures.com/contactus.html your contact page ?

If yes, then you need to change some things:

1. Create a php "thankyou" page as per tutorial instructions.
    2. Paste in that page the php script that you can find in the tutorial
    3. Set the form action to be the same as the name of this "thankyou" page.

PLEASE read again the tutorial, as it seems that you have NOT followed the instructions.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yes it is. I just followed the tutorial #1 for the 15th time. By the way which of the 2 tutorials is the correct one, the video or the written one? They are not consistent in the way I read them.
      What do you mean by set the form action to be the same as the name of this "thankyou" page?
      In the written tutorial it mentions a directory where does that come into play?
      RENT TO OWN A Home With No Qualifying FREE Manual Shows You How. Buy With A Lease Option

Comment

You are confusing things a bit.

The two parts are compementary. The multimedia tutorial shows you which buttons to actually click in BV, the writen part expalins how to set the action and correctly set up a thank you page. There is NO contradiction between the two.

We mention the word directory, because many users install their forms (and scripts) in different directories, other than public_html. This is NOT your case, so simply ignore this part.

Start by changing the form action.

Then, did you set up a thank you page with the php script pasted in the code ? If yes, post here the script that you have used.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I used don@profitinforeclosures.com and Contact Form Submission. The order of the blue items in my HTML looks different than the tutorial. Is that a problem?
          What is the form action and where is it?
          Sorry to be so stupid but I've probably put in 20 hours trying to figure this out. As far as I know I'm following the tutorial exactly, but must not be.

Comment

Ok, let me explain a bit better.
            The form action is another page (the one that in the tutorials is described as the "action" or "thankyou" page)

This is a simple BV page with a thanking message for your visitor to see after form submission.

Now, i see that you have edited your form action and set it as "action.php". This is correct. BUT, you have not yet created your "action" page.(at the moment i am posting this).

Now you need to create this "action.php" page. Create the page in BV, with, as said, a thank you message. Go to page properties and set the page to be "php" when published. Now, copy the script from the tutorial. Go in page HTML, and click on "Start of page" tag. It is not really important, you can paste it wherever you like, in any tag. Change the email address , the subject and the initial message (the parts in blue) to be your own details. Save the page as "action". Publish it.

Refresh your browser and test the form.
            Navaldesign

Comment

I'm ready to try to get the thank you page set up right again. Should I delete the existing page and if so how is the best way to do this? What should I do to the existing contact page? Should I just start over? I guess what I'm asking is how to fix whatever screwups I've made to this point.
              donprofit

Comment

Maybe this is my problem. Should I have copied & pasted all the HTML or just the part in blue. When I look at the HTML now there are two blue areas that are the same and the word in the black area is not the same as the tutorial. Should the HTML be redone and if so how?
                donfprofit

Comment

Re: contact page form

Just copy the entire script, change the parts in blue and paste it in your action page.
                  Please, READ again the tutorial. It is complete and so explanatory that you cannot mistake. And, i don't know what you mean by "black area"
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                  X