Adding script to buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding script to buttons

If i wanted to make a script run upon a click on a submit button where in the html properties of the submit button does it go to? Before/after the tag etc?

If i know this i can finally get my registration code to work

Re: Adding script to buttons

You need to create a form. The "action" attribute of the form is where the script should go that is executed when the form submits

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

so it goes directly after the action attribute in the code? i cant find action though

Comment

I don't use BV, so I don't know exactly where it is, or the exact name, but I know that you have to create the "form" element for the page. You can't just insert the text box's and a submit button, you have to insert the form field for the text and submit elements. That form element should have the option to change the action in the properties, or what not (right click, its somewhere in there).

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Yeah i got that far, i just needed to put mysql code in to say what table and what database, but whas unsure on where to put the code logically in the page html.

Comment

The procedure is simple:

As Watdaflip said, you create a form that collects the necessary info. Set the form action to be the script that will do the job. The info is submitted to the script, the database updated, and then the script redirects to a confirmation page. The confirmation page can be combined with the script. In that case, place the script in the Start of Page tag of the confirmation page, so if something goes wrong you can redirect the user to an error page.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X