add to cart buttons not working correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• add to cart buttons not working correctly

The first time I tested the add button it went to the paypal site correctly (although in the same window), with all the right options i.e.: continue shopping and proceed to check out. I clicked on continue shopping and it said "the page you were on was closed open another page" or something like that. And would not go back to the site to continue adding to cart...
    Now when the add to cart button is push there is no option to continue shopping, just proceed to checkout is available.
    what is the problem?
    On my site, in blue voda, I looked at the button properties ...nothing there to change the target like on the navigation bar. I checked page properties, nothing wrong there.
    I went to business paypal login to profile and could not find anything there relevant to my problem. I’m really stuck here and need this working please any suggestions would be most welcome...
    Thanks
    Tim Norden

http://www.twistedpearpromos.com/
    inbox@twistedpearpromos.com/

Re: add to cart buttons not working correctly

its the buttons going to the buy page ..the target has to be changed to blank I figured it out ... O think im finaly getting the hang of this
    ha ha ha ha ha muhah ahahah
    Thanks
    Tim Norden

Comment

or they are going to have to use the back button
      Thanks
      Tim Norden

Comment

You can do all this up at paypal ... when you create your buttons and get your code you can have it so that you get "Buy it Now" buttons and "add to cart", or continue shopping ... at paypal it is under Merchant services .. is this what you are trying to do ? They should not have to hit their back button to continue shopping ...

PayPal Shopping Cart

PayPal offers a hosted shopping cart that supports adding multiple items to a purchase before checkout.
        When a customer clicks the button, the item is added to their shopping cart. They are given the option to return to your website to continue shopping or to proceed to checkout where they will pay with their PayPal account. Create an Add to Cart button for each item on your website.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

'Continue Shopping' quirks + Auto emails after purchase?

Hi . . .just starting to learn how to use the PayPal integration tools in BV, and I'm having the exact same problem that Everevil describes re the "Continue Shopping" option: first it doesn't return me to any page on my BV site (instead it says Open a New Browser Window), then it just disappears. Is going to Merchant Svcs at PayPal the only way to solve this?

Also, I'm wondering about automated, post-purchase e-mails to the buyer and seller:
          1) For buyer: I know I can (and should) create 'Success' and 'Failure' pages that will appear immediately after their final "purchase click," but how do I make a purchase-confirmation e-mail go automatically to the buyer? People expect to get an e-mail confirmation.

2) For seller: Does PayPal automatically send an e-mail to the PP account holder whose account has received a purchase request? Or do I set up e-mails like that in BV? Either way, I need to know the item(s) ordered, including the quantity of each item, in order to fulfill orders correctly.

Thank you!

Comment

Shipping Costs Missing from Shopping Cart

Another oddity I'm finding on the PP-integrated order page I'm designing: When I preview the page and click the Buy Now button for any item, PayPal correctly shows both the price of the item and the shipping+handling total.

But when I click the Add to Cart button for any item, PayPal shows only the price of the item, no shipping. Even after loading up the cart with items and then clicking Proceed To Checkout, the checkout page doesn't show shipping costs. Any idea why?

Comment

Re: 'Continue Shopping' quirks + Auto emails after purchase?

Originally posted by jimchicago View Post
              first it doesn't return me to any page on my BV site (instead it says Open a New Browser Window), then it just disappears. Is going to Merchant Svcs at PayPal the only way to solve this?
              Create the PayPal buttons in BV. Then, Right click on the button created by BV. Select HTML, Inside Tag, and paste this:

><input type="hidden" name="shopping_url" value= http://www.yourdomain.com/page_to_continue_shopping.html

Replace yourdomain.com and page_to_continue_shopping.html with your details.

That should guarantee that the Continue Shopping button in PayPal will appear and work properly.

Also, I'm wondering about automated, post-purchase e-mails to the buyer and seller:
              1) For buyer: I know I can (and should) create 'Success' and 'Failure' pages that will appear immediately after their final "purchase click," but how do I make a purchase-confirmation e-mail go automatically to the buyer? People expect to get an e-mail confirmation.
              You can't unless you use a specifically made script. I do have such an option in my Instant Download Cart. The script resides in the return page, and mails the customer to the same address he has used for his PayPal payment. However, PayPal emails the customer with the transaction details, so there is no need you also do. [/quote]

2) For seller: Does PayPal automatically send an e-mail to the PP account holder whose account has received a purchase request? Or do I set up e-mails like that in BV? Either way, I need to know the item(s) ordered, including the quantity of each item, in order to fulfill orders correctly.

Thank you!
              Yes, PayPal emails you both the payment and the order details. You can also, as soon as you recieve a payment notification by PayPal, login in your PayPal account and see al the order details
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Naval, thanks for those instructions. I tried them on the first set of three buttons (the Buy Now, Add to Cart, and View Cart) on the page I'm designing. Then I saved and published the page but I see no change in:

(1) how the Continue Shopping buttons are behaving--after clicking them it still says Please open a new browser window to continue shopping, and
                (2) The lack of shipping charges on the page after I click Add to Cart.

I even tried putting your HTML code into the Inside Tag two different ways; first exactly as you gave the code (replacing 'yourdomain.com/page_to_continueshopping.html' as you instructed):
                ><input type="hidden" name="shopping_url" value= http://www.yourdomain.com/page_to_co..._shopping.html

And then with the left and right carrots at either end of the code string:
                ><input type="hidden" name="shopping_url" value= http://www.yourdomain.com/page_to_co..._shopping.html

I'd like to send you the BV file of the page so you can look at what I've entered in the Inside Tag, but I see I can't attach a .bvp file. What should I do?

Comment

Just send me the page using my contact form.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello;
                    I have tried for several weeks to use the BV buttons and they do not work. I have determined that the only way to have your Pay Pal buttons work properly is to do what Lady Eye stated:
                    1.Go to Pay Pal, become a merchant customer,
                    2.set up your profile with Pay Pal as to Name of product, item number, freight, sales tax et...
                    3. copy the code that pay pal gives you
                    4. paste the code into the html box provided by BV
                    5. place the html box on the page where you want the button to be.
                    6. save and publish.
                    Unless BV changes the code before it is chosen, the changing of the code will not work, at least it didnt with me.
                    This was not difficult and provided the proper options when your customer goes to pay for your products.
                    You can see how they work by going to
                    www.scanportonline.com
                    who knows you may end up buying something.
                    Thanks,
                    Mrmagoo144
                    www.videopostcards.info
                    mrmagoo144
                    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Hi all on the Forums, I have just joined the community forums in order to sort out this 'add to cart' fiasco. I have had my site with BV for a good few months now and it has been absolutely great. I have come to add an essential extra to my site and it's all gone wrong on me. PAYPAL.

I have been trying to work it out and have pulled my hair out. It shouldn't be this hard. The facility is there so why isn't there a decent tutorial guiding you through it properly. It's like the .php fiasco.

I can get away with the 'add to cart' pp button, if only I can get it to work properly.

'jimchicago' was making progress with 'navaldesign' and I have been following it then the lead stopped when 'navaldesign' asked for the page to be sent to him. I assume it has been sorted, so could we have it posted so that it can be shared with all. The html code

Doesn't work, so 'continue shopping' button doesn't appear and the only way forward is to close the browser and then select another product and then add to cart on each and every item. this is very awkward for the customer.

1. Can we pse share the html code that works so that the continue button appears and when pressed it takes you back to your page
                      2. Can we not have the pp buttons on BV properly programmed and pushed out on an update to the site, afterall if you add tools, they should work. The site advertises 'easy to use/build' website

There are so many threads on PP (likewise .php), that BV need to get a grip when they see such volume feedback and rectify, even if there can be a satisfactory solution within the forum pages.

So Navaldesign, can we share the correct html code for the add to cart and continue shopping, possibly with a step by step guide, and can we confirm that PP will set up shipping if we go with them direct?

Thats me stopped dripping now, on a positive note, there are some great tips and help available round the forums and Its great to part of it.

Stevej.b

Comment

why are you looking for a miracle. the process works fine if you follow the steps in the above reply.
                        Good luck
                        If you want to see how it works
                        mrmagoo144
                        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

MrMagoo, I can add something to the cart, and continue shopping. But, if I want to View Cart, nothing happens. I have to access the cart from the task bar. So, the View Cart button is non functional. I use Vista and Firefox.

Comment

mr magoo, I have tried your site and the continue shopping button does nothing.

I am having a problem with the buttons in BV, when I put the add to cart there is only an option to go to the checkout, its pretty ****.

Comment

Please please please can soemone let me know how to get the continue shopping button to appear once you click the "add to cart" button, I have tried what has been posted and it will not work.

I am not going to go to paypal and get the code, surely it cant be that hard for someone at BV to fix this button.

its 7:20 am and I have been up all night trying to get this to work and I am in a seriously bad mood.

Comment

Working...
                              X