Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please have a look at my site

Hi folks!

My site is at last on. Do please go and have a look and let me know what you think. It was ... quite a struggle.

It is parisdoctorsatan.com

Thanks in advance
    Marilyn

Re: Please have a look at my site

^^ the link

An interesting site, I would say the titles are off center, over to the right.

My other question is yes im interested and want to read more on the subject but where do I buy the book? Is it listed with Amazon? can you provide a link to it, is it available as an e-book? or do people order from you direct? if so an order form would be good.

Good luck

Mouke
    Mouke

Client ID # 15880

Comment

Hey
      Marilyn ... welcome back ... it is looking good ... was wondering where you were ... I like this ... but a couple of things you may want to consider ...

You may want to consider your page width .... normally it is recommended to stay with an 800 page width so people with all sizes of screens can see your page completely without having to scroll across as well as down ... I can see it on my screen ok as I am using a widescreen laptop ....

Your links are coming up white on white so I don't know if it is me or if your default is still set to white ... you can check this by right clicking on an empty part of the page and clikc on page properties ....

On your contact page I can't see any info on how to contact you .... only your copyright and designed by ... ?

If there is any more techncial stuff I'll leave that to the more experienced Vodians ....

Please remember many of us new to web building are learning more and more daily and spend a lot of time tweaking different things to get it just right .... for example I am currently going through my website and tweaking every single page and optimising for search engines ...

Keep up the good work ....
      kym, merlin & tala
      creating white majick
      www.whiteshepherds.com.au
      www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
      www.merlinsmajick.com
      www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mouke View Post
        http://www.parisdoctorsatan.com

^^ the link

An interesting site, I would say the titles are off center, over to the right.

My other question is yes im interested and want to read more on the subject but where do I buy the book? Is it listed with Amazon? can you provide a link to it, is it available as an e-book? or do people order from you direct? if so an order form would be good.

Good luck

Mouke
        I never thought of it! The book's not published yet. I will put that in now. Once I've spoken to my agent (he's on holiday for a month) I will also put his contact details on under 'contact'.
        Thanks so very much for this!
        Best
        Marilyn

Comment

Originally posted by whiteshepherd View Post
          Hey
          Marilyn ... welcome back ... it is looking good ... was wondering where you were ... I like this ... but a couple of things you may want to consider ...

On your contact page I can't see any info on how to contact you .... only your copyright and designed by ... ?

If there is any more techncial stuff I'll leave that to the more experienced Vodians ....
          Hi Kim - express train hit me .... (only joking)

Thanks for your observations. I will work on all of them. On the Contact page, there is a 'you can email me at'. When I click on it my outlook express opens up with my bv email addie. Didn't you get that? I didn't want to give my address or phone numbers for obvious reasons. Next month I will add my agent's contact details: first, I will have to ask him though whether I can do so and he is on holiday.
          Thanks for all your help!
          Best
          Marilyn

Comment

Hi Marilyn ... I suspect your contact info is a hyperlink that is showing up white on white on my computer ... what colour is it on yours? I tried cllicking around the page but could not find it ....

Wasn't the Packer wedding a complete example of excess gone mad? $100,000 for a wedding dress ... I could pay my mortgage of with that! I guess if you are that rich why not ... but ... ??? I guess there must be something wrong with me but I have absolutely no time for this type of stuff anymore ... there are far more important things in this world that matter so much more...

How is Paris in summer ... ?

kym
            kym, merlin & tala
            creating white majick
            www.whiteshepherds.com.au
            www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
            www.merlinsmajick.com
            www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Originally posted by whiteshepherd View Post
              Hi Marilyn ... I suspect your contact info is a hyperlink that is showing up white on white on my computer ... what colour is it on yours? I tried cllicking around the page but could not find it ....

kym
              Kym - It's blue on my pc. Anyway, I'll see how I can change this because other pc's might be like yours and drop it too. F.y.i. the email addie is mzt@parisdoctorsatan.com Feel free to email me there if you want to chat off-topic.
              Best
              Marilyn

Comment

Hi, your site has come on a lot since I last view it & is looking good. Only an idea? But may look better with a smaller heading, as it seems to take up a 1/3 of the page. Just as an idea, have a comparison test with this one. http://www.collectors-info.com/testing/b10.html Nothing works, it was a quick cut and paste version. lol

Good luck.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi there,
                  I like your site, and the book sounds like it will be a gripping (if gruesome) read!
                  The only comment I have is about the heading - I would centre the text on the whole page width and make it a bit smaller, and then place the photo of Dr Satan.
                  I can see your email limk - and it opens OK as well.
                  Good luck with the book
                  Helga

www.compasslandscapes.com

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                    Hi, your site has come on a lot since I last view it & is looking good. Only an idea? But may look better with a smaller heading, as it seems to take up a 1/3 of the page. Just as an idea, have a comparison test with this one. http://www.collectors-info.com/testing/b10.html Nothing works, it was a quick cut and paste version. lol

Good luck.
                    Hi Chris
                    Yes, the heading hits one in the face -- as did Petiot! Thanks for the tests. I like the Eiffel Tower in the background. I would like that on my Contact page for example. Did you see at the bottom of my pages that I had to call in a technician? My problem now is how to ask him to change without hurting his feelings: he was so patient and 'nice' ... In any case, on my screen the text of the Extracts page runs over so I have to scrawl horizontally, so I will be asking him to give that page a smaller font, I might then 'come in for the kill'. I also have to ask him to put in that the book is not yet published - a publisher might be lurking somewhere ...
                    Keep well.
                    Marilyn

Comment

Originally posted by helganog View Post
                      Hi there,
                      The only comment I have is about the heading - I would centre the text on the whole page width and make it a bit smaller, and then place the photo of Dr Satan.
                      I can see your email limk - and it opens OK as well.
                      Good luck with the book
                      Hi Helga
                      Thanks for your comments and wishing me good luck with the book. I agree about the heading. (See my reply to Chris.) I chose those two extracts for shock effect ...
                      Your site's great. Congratulations.
                      Have a good Sunday
                      Marilyn

Comment

Hi, you can change the font on the extracts page, but may be nicer to just make the text area smaller & the page a bit longer. Not usually a good idea to change font sizes.
                        In saying this! The page looks fine on my screen with about a 10-15% white area down either side.

Good luck.
                        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                        X