Bullet List Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullet List Help

While doing a bullet list for my coffee website I somehow got the text to move over closer to the bullets. When I did my second bullet list, I could not for the life of me get it to the same.

So I thought why not ask here, maybe someone has done it before and knows how it is done!

Here is the page with the two bullet lists:

Thanks in advance!

P.S. If this is posted in the wrong area of the forum, please move it for me!
    My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Re: Bullet List Help

Yep the bullit list feature is like a tabel, so you take your mouse and hover it slowly between the two c'columns' and as soon as you see it 'catch', drag the vertical over to the left as far as it will go. Essentially you are shrinking the width of the first column of the table..
    hmm sounds confusing, but it isn't really. Hope this helps..
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Originally posted by larazovich View Post
      Yep the bullit list feature is like a tabel, so you take your mouse and hover it slowly between the two c'columns' and as soon as you see it 'catch', drag the vertical over to the left as far as it will go. Essentially you are shrinking the width of the first column of the table..

Hi Liz, I think they put this one in to have a laugh with us. Took me ages to find this when I 1st used it. lol
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
        Hi Liz, I think they put this one in to have a laugh with us. Took me ages to find this when I 1st used it. lol
        LOL me too..I only found it 'cause you told us where it was....LOL
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Hi all!

I just found the replies, for some reason I never got email notification of the replies. I will try it tomorrow (today I guess, it is 6:54 am)! I will report back if I got it to work or not!

Chris
          My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Comment

How about simply selecting some of the different choices - right click on the bulleted list - go into properties - and change the alignment - to one that works for you (from what it is). I find it much easier than what was described above :)
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
              How about simply selecting some of the different choices - right click on the bulleted list - go into properties - and change the alignment - to one that works for you (from what it is). I find it much easier than what was described above :)
              Hi Beth, how do you make the text closer to the bullets with the aliment?
              It doesn’t happen when you select left aliment because this part of BV is made up with tables, & I believe it can only be dragged over with the mouse.
              Or have I missed something? lol
              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by larazovich View Post
                Liz,

I went to my bulleted list, ran the mouse across until it turned into two bars, clicked and dragged to the left and VOILA DONE! I don't know what I did wrong but I swear I tried that the other day and it would not work at all! But now it looks good! Now I can go change all my other pages that have bulleted lists!

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by coffeegourmet View Post
                  Liz,

I went to my bulleted list, ran the mouse across until it turned into two bars, clicked and dragged to the left and VOILA DONE! I don't know what I did wrong but I swear I tried that the other day and it would not work at all! But now it looks good! Now I can go change all my other pages that have bulleted lists!

Thank you!
                  Glad it worked. Man, it's easy to miss ..such a 'small window of opportunity'.. LOL...
                  later gator
                  Liz
                  www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                    Hi Beth, how do you make the text closer to the bullets with the aliment?
                    It doesn’t happen when you select left aliment because this part of BV is made up with tables, & I believe it can only be dragged over with the mouse.
                    Or have I missed something? lol
                    Chris,
                    If you change it to align center or align right - it moves the bullets closer to the text. Align right puts the bullets right next to the text. Try it.
                    Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
                      Chris,
                      If you change it to align center or align right - it moves the bullets closer to the text. Align right puts the bullets right next to the text. Try it.
                      Hi Beth, Must admit I didn’t know this one.
                      But the down side on doing it this way is you cant push the bullet list to the far left hand side of the BV page without left justifying & clicking on the bullets boarders & dragging it over like 1st suggested.
                      What happens is the bullet list creates a 100px gap to the left that you can’t get rid of.
                      Don’t now if this is a BV fault or not? As most bullet lists will start on the left, so I suspect it is?
                      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I've never not been able to put the list where I want it - but probably never have needed it dead to the left either - as I have my navigation there. I see your point - maybe something for the wish list :)
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                        X