Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making a gallery

Hi,
    i would like that when clicking on an image at my site it will upload the same image but bigger.
    i want it will open in a window.
    i dont want to link the images to another page in my site. i wouls like it to download like many sites that do it on the web
    help someone?
    thanks
    eran

Re: making a gallery

Hi, do you want the new image to open in a small popup window (new window). Or would you want the images on the same page where you have the thumbnail images?
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

If you use the photo gallery tool in Blue Voda, you can select your photos (keep in mind the size of the photos that you select will be the size of the photos created in the pop up window you would like) .. then you set the target for each image to open in a pop up window, this window will be the size of the image you selected, as opposed to a full size page ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
        Hi, do you want the new image to open in a small popup window (new window). Or would you want the images on the same page where you have the thumbnail images?

Hi,
        i want that the new image will be open in a new window(not popup) and in the new page i will get a white page with only the image (bigger version) in it

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
          If you use the photo gallery tool in Blue Voda, you can select your photos (keep in mind the size of the photos that you select will be the size of the photos created in the pop up window you would like) .. then you set the target for each image to open in a pop up window, this window will be the size of the image you selected, as opposed to a full size page ...
          How do i target each image to open in a popup? the image is inside my computer i cant target it to there right?

Comment

Hi, make a thumbnail up of the image you want to link to (About 100x100 & about 10kb) & place this on the page you want your clickable thumbnails to be. Now upload the original image via ftp to your web site. Good size for this image would be around 600x400 to 800x600 max. at about 100 to200kb. If the large image is called? Image1. then your link would be
            http://www.mysite.com/image1.jpg you would enter this link by d/clicking on the thumbnail & entering your large image url in the image properties/link/url field. At this point if you want the image to open in a new window? Select _blank in the target drop down field. If not leave this area with no text.

Good luck.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

If you do choose to use the gallery tool in blue voda, you have the option of setting the target to:

1. open in the same browser window
              2. open in a new browser window
              3. open in a popup window
              4. open in another window ...

You can do all of this right with the gallery tool itself ...

It will create the thumbnail for you in the size you want, and will open to the larger picture you want, in whatever option you choose ...

inset the gallery, double click it, add your photos by browsing through your computer, and set the styles and the target.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                Hi, make a thumbnail up of the image you want to link to (About 100x100 & about 10kb) & place this on the page you want your clickable thumbnails to be. Now upload the original image via ftp to your web site. Good size for this image would be around 600x400 to 800x600 max. at about 100 to200kb. If the large image is called? Image1. then your link would be
                http://www.mysite.com/image1.jpg you would enter this link by d/clicking on the thumbnail & entering your large image url in the image properties/link/url field. At this point if you want the image to open in a new window? Select _blank in the target drop down field. If not leave this area with no text.

Good luck.
                Hi again,
                how do i upload the original image via ftp to my web site?

Comment

Hi, have a quick look at this tutorial.

If not, open a blank BV page & select file publisher (Green world with green arrow) & add your large images to the file manager properties & publish.
                  Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Try using the "Lightbox" I like it better than the Galery options.
                    Follow the adivce from Chris on the size limit. I prefer 600 x 400 too.
                    Download the Pix Resizer from BV [excellent software] saves a lot of
                    time as you can resize and entire folder of photos in a few seconds.
                    Resize only one size. It is not necessary to resize to thumbs at all.
                    The options in the lightbox properties will generate thumbs automatically
                    from the 600x400 pix images.

The most important thing for you to learn is by trial and error. Go ahead
                    and do it and view your gallery in Internet Explorer or Firefox. If you dont like it you can make changes until you are satisfied. The main thing is for you to experiment in BV website builder as it is in your own computer so you dont have to go anywhere. When you are really stumped then you can ask for help in this forum.

It is actually very simple to design a photo gallery in BV.
                    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Okay....this is great so far. But I want to go one step further and haven't found anything on how it's done. I want to put my PayPal add to cart button, description of the item and price on the larger image which will come up in a separate page from the thumbnail. If the separate item is a jpeg then how is the cart button added...??? For this option, would gallery, lightbox or doing them individually in jpeg be best, and then HOW???
                      I've seen this done so I know it can be done, and I have faith that Blue Voda provides this option somewhere, I just haven't found it yet. I just joined last night so this is the one thing I have to learn so I can get my site going, and since it will be a product based website it's a feature I do need to learn. Thanks,
                      Vickie

Comment

Vicki,

Follow this link and put up your question in this forum.

www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
                        X