Cleaning up web site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning up web site?

What is the best way to clean up my web site (sawgrassvillage.net).
    Over time and with all the changes witch are frequent, the bv public domain page has a lot of excess stuff that I would like to delete.
    If I reset the web site does that just clean out everything and then can I republish my pages?

Hope I explained it okay

nora

Re: Cleaning up web site?

Hi, if you reset everything! Yes you will loose everything. I think this has to be done by Vodahost. Remember your email's might be lost & will have to be set up again as well.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

You can do this yourself ..

The easiest way - is to be sure to identify what files you no longer want - then go into your ftp manager and delete - by deleting in ftp you can select more than one file at a time ... if you are not sure of what files you want deleted, choose to delete via file manager, this allows you to view your files before you actually delete ... or have a look in there and then go to your ftp manager ... be sure of what you are doing though ..

DO NOT DELETE your public_html folder, as this is your directory for publishing your website ... you can however, delete the files that you uploaded inside of the public_html folder ...

If you delete your files you no longer want including your index page - you will need to recreate and publish a new index page for your site ....

Alternatively, you can always open up your index page, make the changes and republish as it is ...

You don't need to do anything to your emails ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

This question may not actually fit here but it has to do with 'cleaning up', organization, and backing up files from blue voda folder. I've noted that when moving photos from the bv image folder, then the saved page shows photos not found. I'd like to save the work done to published pages -- the ones I think I'm through with in such a way that parts of it are not lost when moving it to a storage area outside the bv folder. Have been trying to think of how to do this -- maybe the source code for the page pluse urls for images used could be used in future if that page needed work?

There's no way you guys keep all the stuff that accumulates in the bluevoda folder. What do you do with it?

I don't mind a cluttered silverware drawer but the blue voda folder is a different consideration. Thanks for your time and suggestions
        This is Dorothy with
        http://www.homespunways2.com

Comment

Working...
        X