How does my site look to Searh Engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does my site look to Searh Engines

Have been putting together my site over the past week and published final (I Hope) finished site today.

I want to check if I have done everything correctly from the point of view of my site been seen and listed by search engines. How do I check this??. I have submitted to Google and have a few links in place with similar sites. Is this enough or do I need to do more?? Are my page titles, metatags ok??

So many questions can anyone help me find answers??

Thank You in Advance
    DaveK

www.ecklandssportshorses.com
    Dave K

www.irishhorsemarkets.com

Re: How does my site look to Searh Engines

Very quickly here - you have quite a bit to do :)

First - you don't put words into the meta keywords unless they ARE the KEYWORDS for THAT PAGE. And you have things like loan and classifieds and for sale - as individual words and phrases - which won't do you any good if they WERE on the page. Right now your meta keywords are spamming.

Your home page has almost no text with your keywords - so the se's (and your visitors) aren't going to see what you have.

Outside of that - as a visitor to the site, I'd probably leave right away because of the picture being so distorted - you need to fix that to give yourself a professional look right from the start.

The picture on the About Us page is much better - always remember - you need to keep proportions.

You also need to check all your spelling. On the about us page - you use the word there where you need their - I know that isn't a difference between US and UK - I'm not sure about where you used amature - is that the correct UK spelling?

When I go to see the horses for sale - you don't take me to their pictures - but to a form - where I have to click another link to see the horses. I think you need to reverse this. I went because I want to see what's offered - don't make it hard for me. If I see something I like, I'll be more likely willing to fill out the form.

I know you didn't ask for a site review - but SEO is hand-in-hand necessary with the design/look of the site.

I also noticed a grammatical error when glancing at the horses for sale page - you have your where you need you're. (We might make mistakes typing in here - but it's critical that you go over the website with a fine tooth comb for them there - people do notice). In that same paragraph you have a long run-on sentence.

I'm not sure how you loaded your pictures - I didn't look - but the page of horses - with tiny thumbnails - took forever to load on my high speed connection. You need to fix that. And I suggest you use larger pics (yes you'll still want them to be able to be enlarged) but these are so tiny that you can't even tell what they are.

You can find a very basic SEO book in my signature - it's free - I suggest you read it - and then make some changes - and come on back :)
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post

First - you don't put words into the meta keywords unless they ARE the KEYWORDS for THAT PAGE. And you have things like loan and classifieds and for sale - as individual words and phrases - which won't do you any good if they WERE on the page. Right now your meta keywords are spamming.

Your home page has almost no text with your keywords - so the se's (and your visitors) aren't going to see what you have.

Outside of that - as a visitor to the site, I'd probably leave right away because of the picture being so distorted - you need to fix that to give yourself a professional look right from the start.

The picture on the About Us page is much better - always remember - you need to keep proportions.

You also need to check all your spelling. On the about us page - you use the word there where you need their - I know that isn't a difference between US and UK - I'm not sure about where you used amature - is that the correct UK spelling?

When I go to see the horses for sale - you don't take me to their pictures - but to a form - where I have to click another link to see the horses. I think you need to reverse this. I went because I want to see what's offered - don't make it hard for me. If I see something I like, I'll be more likely willing to fill out the form.

I know you didn't ask for a site review - but SEO is hand-in-hand necessary with the design/look of the site.

I also noticed a grammatical error when glancing at the horses for sale page - you have your where you need you're. (We might make mistakes typing in here - but it's critical that you go over the website with a fine tooth comb for them there - people do notice). In that same paragraph you have a long run-on sentence.

I'm not sure how you loaded your pictures - I didn't look - but the page of horses - with tiny thumbnails - took forever to load on my high speed connection. You need to fix that. And I suggest you use larger pics (yes you'll still want them to be able to be enlarged) but these are so tiny that you can't even tell what they are.

You can find a very basic SEO book in my signature - it's free - I suggest you read it - and then make some changes - and come on back :)
      Bethers I agree with you 100%

stay relevant to the info in the site the domain is important as well as the tags and key words"

Comment

Hi Bethers

Thank you for all the advice, Looks like I have a bit to do, will work on the site and maybe you would have a look at it again in a few days,

DaveK
        Dave K

Comment

Hi Bethers.

Have taken your suggestions on board, have not corrected all the spelling mistakes yet but hope the titles, tags and images issues are now sorted, would appreciate your feedback.

Thank you in advance

daveK
          Dave K

Comment

Dave,
            I just clicked on your home page - and it's really, really wide - I think you need to set the width :)

I also would much prefer you have your header before the google ads- unless you think the ads are more important than your own website? If you want people to click and leave you right away - then that's the way to get that to happen.

The picture is still distorted.

I'd love to see the page have a little bit of text telling me more about the horses - but that's my preference. The big "Welcome to Eckland's Sports Horses" is unnecessary - as it's right under the header that already has your name. You could use the name if you were to write the text I'm talking about. Instead of that - you could have a headling "Sport Horses for Sale". Then in that box you could say something like "Eckland's Sports Horses are producers and suppliers of quality Irish bread horses. Check out our sport horses for sale, as well as our trial facilities and livery."

I'd make "sport horses for sale" a link to that page and "trial facilities and livery" a link to that page, also.

Your meta is a big improvement.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
            X