light box alignment problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• light box alignment problems

I created a single column light box thing-ey. On the side of each thumbnail I included text aligned with the image. It looks aligned on the BV editing screen, but when published or viewed in browser it is all crooked. GAhhhhhh!!! Is there a way to fix this or am I doing something wrong?? see this link for an example...
    Thanks!

Re: light box alignment problems

Hi,

Click on the lightbox and see where the drag handles are. If it is too far from the images themselves, then drag (resize) the lightbox as small as you can get it. See if this helps. I had similar problem.

Just another thought: For your page I would not use a lightbox. I would use thumbnails as you have them with the description next to it. Then I would use Rollovers to display the larger images on the right hand side of the descriptions. You have enough open space there and then visitors can view the descriptions while looking at the enlarged image as well. Do a search for Rollover in the forums. There are many posts that will get you on the way if you consider using this.

This is just an alternative solution...
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

One more thing,

Please have a look at this. Photo, image, resizing & naming tips.

Your images (pixel sizes) are too large.
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

yes, I like that idea very much. Is there a way to make rollovers go from small to big w/ out extra coding?
        And yes, my picture sizes are all messed up....will fix that once they are aligned!!!

Comment

I don't think so. Please look at this post by CollectorsInfo for some help #2

Another idea is to create an entire new page for each image. To best understand this, look at Karen Mac's sites. Do a search on her, open her profile and her sites should be listed in her signature.

This might work even better than the rollovers.
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

Working...
          X