Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1) fade a page in or out and 2) use fonts that are not installed on th viewer's cmptr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1) fade a page in or out and 2) use fonts that are not installed on th viewer's cmptr

Is there a way to fade a page in or out (like it happens in the BlueVoda tutorials)?

Also, how about using fonts on my website which are not installed on my viewers' computers?

Really appreciating this forum,
    Jennifer

Re: 1) fade a page in or out and 2) use fonts that are not installed on th viewer's c

I can answer the first part (I think)

I the "View" drop down menu go down to "page properties"

Click on the tab that says "Page transitions"
    Pick the one you like.

I don't think you can see these until you publish though
    (I don't use them so I'm not sure on that though)
    http://www.penniesnpence.com

Comment

Re: 1) fade a page in or out and 2) use fonts that are not installed on th viewer's c

Here is the tutorial:

http://www.penniesnpence.com

Comment

..and for the second part -
        For text on the site you will want to use a web friendly font. If you do not, anyone viewing the site who does not have that font installed on their own computer will see a default font, usually times new roman.
        Having said that - if you want to use another font, say, for a logo or something, you can make it and then save it as a jpeg or gif in a graphic program, like paint.net (free) or whatever, and then insert it as an image.
        Generally you don't want to do that for the bulk of yhour page text, though, because the search engines will not read the text; only see it as an image, so it doesn't do anything in terms of making your site searchable by Google and the like..
        make sense?
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com
        www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Now that you've listed the how-to for Part I, I do recall happening upon that before. But I didn't see an option for fading in or out. And, it seems that you are correct that the page-change effects can't be experienced until the site is hosted somewhere.

On Part II, there's another program somewhere out there that enables any font to be used once the program transforms it. I was wondering if BlueVoda had a feature of that sort.

Comment

Working...
          X