Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my background picture in webpage

hi guys,
    I have a question, i have a picture as a background in my web page and of course infomation in my web page, I want to be able to freeze or whatever its call the background picture, so if I want to see more info and i need to scroll down my web page, I want to see the background be stable, not moving, only the info. Do you know How to do this? or Am I crazy and I'm not making myself clear enogh?

thank you
    L e o n a r d o

Re: Help with my background picture in webpage

Hi, try pasting the code below into the body of your page with your image URL. IE: replace this part: http://www.yoursite.com/yourimage.jpg

Good luck.

HTML Code:
    <script language="JavaScript1.2">
    if (document.all||document.getElementById)
    document.body.style.background="url('http://www.yoursite.com/yourimage.jpg') white center no-repeat fixed"

</script>
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi,
      Thank you very much for the code, you know I haven't upload my webpage becouse its not ready yet, do you think I would have any problem pasting the code or should I wait until I upload it to the net.

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
      Hi, try pasting the code below into the body of your page with your image URL. IE: replace this part: http://www.yoursite.com/yourimage.jpg

Good luck.

HTML Code:
      <script language="JavaScript1.2">
      if (document.all||document.getElementById)
      document.body.style.background="url('http://www.yoursite.com/yourimage.jpg') white center no-repeat fixed"

</script>
      L e o n a r d o

Comment

Hi, i was playing with this earlier at the link below.

If nothing else, it might be worth putting the image up to your server. You will then be able to see how it looks in preview mode as you are making up your pages.
        One thing I forgot! At the end of the script there is a </script> . Leave out the last chevron as it will show up in the head of your page. BV will compensate for this.
        Last part will look like </script

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you very much for you help, I'll let you know how it looks when its done.
          L e o n a r d o

Comment

If your image is bieg enough or you don't mind repetition, it might be acheived in a simple way. Copy this code in the inside body tag of your page html:
            bgproperties="fixed"

However, this will not work in some browsers (IE and Opera are ok, FF is not)
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

What you mean? Are trying to say that I should put "bgproperties="fixed"[/quote] into a html box and post it on my page?

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
              It might be acheived in a simple way. Copy this code in the inside body tag of your page html:

bgproperties="fixed"
              L e o n a r d o

Comment

Working...
              X