X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Search Engine Readiness

Hi,

Here is my question(s):

I'm checking my pages via the Readiness Report at Vodahits....
    Is it necessary to have all pages in the site completely conforming?
    It's probably obvious that I don't know how this works, but, if the index page conforms and is ready and is submitted, won't clients be able to access all the other pages (assuming that the links work) without it being necessary for me to immediately fix all problems?

And, vis a vis that, I have a hidden text message coming in. I have cloned and dissected the page, and I'm finding nothing. Anyone have an idea what that could be?

Also, Javascript seems to be an issue. I have no idea what that actually means, how to recognize it or what to do about it.

If anyone can help me with any of these issues, I'd greatly appreciate it!
    www.MaravillaMountain.com

Re: Search Engine Readiness

If you want to give your site - so we can give specific answers - it would be much easier to help you.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Bethers (and all)!

my site is maravillamountain.com.

Comment

HI..

And, vis a vis that, I have a hidden text message coming in. I have cloned and dissected the page, and I'm finding nothing. Anyone have an idea what that could be?
        You have a black background, and then you have black text. This will be seen as hidden text. It doesnt matter that you have inserted another color so the black text shows up on another layer, the background is black... text is black. Try white background with black borders, or change the text color to a NON black color. Dont use grey either or dark blue.. it will still ding you.

Also, Javascript seems to be an issue. I have no idea what that actually means, how to recognize it or what to do about it.
        You can recognize java script by viewing the source code and seeing
        "script=javascript"

Or a line calling for a java script file: javascript.js or somefilename.js.

Usually dynamic menus are javascripted, go menus etc. To get around this just use good text links to all your pages.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you, Karen Mac...
          I'll go and change those backgrounds now.
          As far as the Javascript, are you saying that if my page text links are okay, I can ignore that message from the readiness report?
          And, my first question (I'm curious, at least) which was: if the index page passes all tests, and has good links, is it necessary to put other pages through the test? ie, can't clients just go to index and then find their way from there?
          and, Thanks again! I've got work to do!

Comment

Heres what google sees right now...

and if you want to see what a spider simulator view of your page looks like go here

http://www.webmaster-toolkit.com/sea...imulator.shtml

i dont see many links.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi Karen, I went to the google link, which looked weird, but then I clicked on the "current view" (I think it is) link that they offered, and it looked okay. So, I'm assuming that that is how Google now sees my webpage.

The spider simulator thing looked okay to me....it's all text, that seemed alright, but, then again, I'm a complete novice.

As far as links, I don't really have any in the first page, or very many yet altogether. But I do have the links to my other pages on my own website. So, does that mean that I don't have to worry about the Readiness Report #17 issue (JavaScript Blocks)?

Please advise? and many thanks for your attention, it's helped alot already!
              Margo

Comment

The google link looked weird, because thats HOW it sees your site without the pictures. It doesnt READ pictures and I was showing you why it said your text was hidden. As far as google or any search engine thats HIDDEN TEXT. Thats why you needed to see the weird view. The view i showed you was the TEXT ONLY VIEW. So it doesnt matter that those pictures are there. The other one shows you whats there without the html, like black background and black text.

So, I'm assuming that that is how Google now sees my webpage.
                No.. see above its NOT ok. Thats how it acutally SEES you.

Yes it is showing your navigation links, so java isnt the issue with that. However, it wouldnt hurt to also link to your other pages with your keywords throught the text.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi Karen,
                  I'm in the process of fixing all the hidden text on my pages, and that is working out great...
                  As far as Google, what do I need to do? As I said, when I follow the link you gave me, it shows that text view, but also has a "current view" link option, which, when clicked, shows the correct page.
                  But you are saying that I need to change something?
                  I haven't gotten to the Javascript issue yet, that is the #17 on the Readiness Report, Javascript Blocks.

Thanks in advance for help!!! (and help already given!)
                  Let me know about the Google thing, especially, that is probably what I will work on after the hidden text problem.

Comment

The current view - shows what people see - not what the Google (or any other robot) sees - or, for that matter, what people see who have **** pilots, etc which often see the internet without pictures/images. The text view IS what those people and the spiders see - so if you use too many images, or javascript (which is seen as an image, and thus NOT seen by spiders and people viewing without images (or the blind) - the text view IS what they see.

For an example - when I say people who don't have images - or the blind - the screen is "read" for them - and what is read is what is in the text view.

Yes, you want to use images, but you have to know how to use them - and you need to make sure images have alt text on them saying what they are - and you need to make sure the text on the page can be seen and read - by the se's and people and voice readers.
                    Beth
                    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

And you still havent fixed your hidden text issue. Its still black text on a black background. This will get you banned. You wont be doing it for google cuz you wont show up in any SE.

I didnt mean to confuse you but, you said you couldnt figure it out so i was trying to be a nicer, kinder, gentler person and show you why and how it was hidden. So.. now .. GET RID OF THAT BLACK BACKGROUND! OR USE A DIFFERENT FONT COLOR!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

ok, I'll check this out, but the background was changed already, and in the readiness report, it passes. I only put black shapes in around the edges so I could get the same effect as before.
                        And, I do appreciate your patience, by the way. I'm trying to be very specific in my questions and descriptions because I find (as a beginner) that much information in the forums, etc. is hard to understand when you have no background in this area.
                        My ignorance has no pride!!
                        Thanks, I'll check it all out again.

Comment

Working...
                        X