Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drayton Manor Plus

www.draytonmanorplus.co.uk

Many of you on here probably don't come from England, and therefore will not know much about Drayton Manor Theme Park. However, I have used BlueVoda to create the 'Largest Drayton Manor Site on the net!' and would love to hear from you, about thoughts ect.
    Some common problems I am having with the site is cross-browser compatiblity. The site works and looks fine in Internet Explorer, however there are some problems regarding text size and some images moving up and down the page. If you see a problem please tell me.
    If you are viewing the site in Firefox, you will immediatly notice that there will be a black line in the wrong place. Im not sure how to sort this out, as it is fine in Bluevoda and Internet Explorer.

Thanks!
    AdzJoker!

For all your Drayton Manor Needs

Re: Drayton Manor Plus

Lots of work.
    The black line (right above your NavBar - nice creativity) does appear in IE, it isn't as obvious as the NavBar was placed first, then the black line and finally the header. The process is fast and you have to look for it. Also, you wont see it a second time, unless you clear your PC's cache and history.
    In FF, the elements appear at once. If you do not need the black line, get rid of it. The NavBar will still show just as cool.
    There are other things you need to look out for:
    -Lot of blue, add the smaller font size and and text color and it is harder to read.
    -Text looks crowded, consider a bit more space.
    -Some of the lines under your text headings example "Action Park" appear to overlap the text.
    -Consider placing the video someplace else, as a teaser not all visitors are interested in signing up.
    -Nice photos.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Lots of work? Does that mean I have got to do lots of work, or have done a lot of work :)
      >> Black Line can not go, however I may instead change the banner and put a black line underneath it so I wouldn't have to have the black line.
      >> I will try and sort out the news section.
      >> Ye i thought on the home page text look crowded.
      >> Im not sure what you mean about Action Park
      >> Video isn't a teaser if you want to download then you need to sign up.

Cheers
      Adam

Comment

Wow .. your site looks great ... I only use Maxthon or IE and looks fine ... one thing your text looks to be too close to the edge of your boxes?

Great job so far ...
        kym, merlin & tala
        creating white majick
        www.whiteshepherds.com.au
        www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
        www.merlinsmajick.com
        www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Hi, I can see what you mean with the black line. You could try placing the menu inside a table & see if that will hold it in place.
          On some of the other bits. Ditto with bill comments. Think you need to give things a bit more space. Try some padding on the text you have in tables, it will move it away from the edges a bit.
          Your images could do with a little help to get the loading time down. You can get most of them down to half the size with no quality loss & many to 90% lower than the ones on site. It will speed things up a lot.
          Not a major one but put this image http://www.draytonmanorplus.co.uk/Si...uslogo2_02.jpg
          Into this site http://www.draytonmanorplus.co.uk/Si...uslogo2_02.jpg & press optimize. You won’t see much loss in quality between the 134kb original & the 49kb one. Remembering this is only one image on a page. A lot of the sites pages have 25 images +.

Good luck.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Cheers for the comments, I will try padding out the text. Im not to sure about the image difference, as they are they same file? Maybe you copied the wrong link into the message? Or have I got the whole wrong on the stick.
            Adam :)

Comment

Originally posted by adzjoker View Post
              Cheers for the comments, I will try padding out the text. Im not to sure about the image difference, as they are they same file? Maybe you copied the wrong link into the message? Or have I got the whole wrong on the stick.
              Adam :)

OK, I’m the plonker. lol
              It should have been copy the above image into this website http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/imageoptimizer & press optimize.

Good luck.
              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Cheers for that, yeah its great how the size can be reduced but not the quality! Cheers
                Adam

Comment

Hi, a quick PS. Small opportunity for you if you do resize the images. You will be able to rename them for the search engines. It will help with your rankings.
                  IE this image’s link,

Could be re-named?

It will help if you do this & not forgetting the alt text as well.

Cheers.
                  Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Not really a comment or advice as everything has been said above. But very nice looking site and yes Drayton manor is the best theme park in the U.K. so well done on promoting it.
                    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Cheers for that:) Glad to hear about people knowing about Drayton Manor :D

Comment

A minor point, but something I hope others would point out to me on my site, is a spelling error - "delicious" - also your e-mail response isn't working properly.

George

Comment

O.k cheers! O nthe contact page? As you require Outlook Express or another email programme.

Comment

Working...
                          X