Error Messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Messages

The above tutorials for creating forms do not talk about creating email or name error messages. And from looking at the script that tutorial 1 is having me to copy and paste in the html section of a page, it doesn't display that info.

Are those messages already a part of that script or not? If not, how would I go about creating a script with those error messages? I'm creating a form with the objects name and email. Please advise.

__________________________________________________ _____________
    If you are a VodaHost customer, please include your domain name or account ID# in your posting. We can not help you if we do not know who we are talking to, a forum username does not identify your account. Help us help you by providing us the information we need. optimumgoldtravel.com (Just purchased tonight)

Re: Error Messages

Post a link to the form that you are using and the exact php script you are using, Ill post with the edited code to check and make sure that the email and name are filled in, or else they give an error and it won't send the email (that is what you are wanting right?)

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

The new Bv version 9.1 allows for Javascript validation directly in BV. Double click the field you want to make required, and clck on "Validate". There are some otions (text, number, email address) . Use Email address for the email, Text (with only letters and whitespaces allowed) for the name.

I usually prefer having double type validation: Javascript, directly n the form, and through the php script also. To acheive the second one, you can use Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ohhhh okay. Thanx Navaldesign. So basically now, I don't even have to worry about creating error pages. With the validation, if someone forgets a field, it will automatically let them know. Is that correct?

Comment

Correct. The error messages pop up in a alert box.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X