Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scripts Shown Different On Different Computer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scripts Shown Different On Different Computer!

Build site using BV. Preview it as html.
    How to find out, what programme it uses to procees it?
    Why scripts shown differently on different computer?

Re: Scripts Shown Different On Different Computer!

When you preview the site, you choose which program you preview it in. And it's your computer that chooses which font it shows - based on the fonts you have in your computer.

It's important that you use a web friendly font - that means one that is common to most, if not all, computers. Most fonts are NOT programmed by default into all computers - and Mac's and Windows computers use different fonts. One site that gives you the web friendly fonts is:
    Web Friendly Fonts
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
      When you preview the site, you choose which program you preview it in.( I don't know, I just click preview from BV and it show up on Explorer and I save it as Save as... ... even I use same computer its script from same site same design or layout sometimes show a bit differently now and then) And it's your computer that chooses which font it shows - based on the fonts you have in your computer.

It's important that you use a web friendly font - (I use Tahoma or Verdana for my site) that means one that is common to most, if not all, computers. Most fonts are NOT programmed by default into all computers - and Mac's and Windows computers use different fonts. One site that gives you the web friendly fonts is:
      Web Friendly Fonts
      .................................................. .............

Comment

I'm not sure I understand - you are saving the page in preview? That's not the page that you save - you save the BV page - and you publish it to VH when ready - and then you can see the page on the web.

If you are saving the preview from Explorer - where are you looking at that page - it would only save as an image then - you'd then be looking at it in an image program??
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

I preview it from BV and save it as ....

Comment

Again, I'll repeat - you should not be saving the preview page. What you save is the bv page. So I still don't know how you're then looking at the page.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hey,

Don't forget that you also have to make the page look right in Firefox, Safari and Explorer. Many sites may look good in just one browser, but don't forget that other people use different browsers.

All you can do is trial and error, save the page, publish it then preview it. The site also looks different sometimes if you don't publish it because some features that are on your site are only available online.

Also, there might be something in your code that is making some part of the website screw up like your header, footer or what ever it may be if it that is what you're talking about.
              Best regards,
              Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Working...
              X