Form Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form Help Please

hi there, i've spent days going through forums but can't seem to find what I'm doing wrong.. need urgent help please..

form seems to be working fine but i never receive the email. have tried sending to a different address but no luck.

the link is www.blueskiesphotography.com.au/orderform.html

and here's the scripty thing from the action page:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
    <title>thank you</title>
    <meta name="GENERATOR" content="Created by BlueVoda">
    <style type="text/css">
    div#container
    {
    width: 1110px;
    position: relative;
    margin-top: 0px;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
    text-align: left;
    }
    body
    {
    text-align: center;
    margin: 0;
    }
    </style>
    <style type="text/css">
    a.style1:link {color: #3E4E9B;font-weight: bold;text-decoration: none;}
    a.style1:visited {color: #3E4E9B;text-decoration: none;}
    a.style1:active {color: #3E4E9B;text-decoration: none;}
    a.style1:hover {color: #3E4E9B;font-weight: bold;text-decoration: underline;}
    </style>
    </head>
    <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <?php
    $name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['name'];
    $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS['email'];
    if (strlen($name) == 0)
    {
    echo "It appears that you have forgot to fill in your name in the Name field. Please use the Back Button to return to the form and enter your name. Thank you!";
    exit;
    }
    if (strlen($name) >=30)
    {
    echo "The length limit for the Name field cannot exceed 30 characters / spaces. Please use the Back Button to return to the form and shorten this entry. Thank you!";
    exit;
    }
    if (strlen($email) == 0)
    {
    echo "The E-mail field is a required entry. Please use the Back Button to return to the form and enter a contact E-mail address. Thank you!";
    exit;
    }
    if (strlen($email) >= 45)
    {
    echo "The length limit for the E-Mail field cannot exceed 45 characters / spaces. Please use the Back Button to return to the form and shorten this entry. Thank you!";
    exit;
    }
    if (! ereg('[A-Za-z0-9_-]+\@[A-Za-z0-9_-]+\.[A-Za-z0-9_-]+', $email))
    {
    echo "I believe that there is an error in the way you entered your E-mail address. Please check your entry and re-submit. Thank you!";
    exit;
    }
    //SEND MAIL
    $mailto = "blueskies.photo@iinet.net.au";
    $mailsubj = "order form";
    $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
    reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
    $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form:\n";
    while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
    {
    $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
    }
    mail($mailto,$mailsubj,$mailbody,$mailhead);
    echo "Thank you for your order. You will receive an email with your customer reference number and payment details shortly.";
    ?>
    <div id="container">
    <div id="bv_" style="position:absolute;left:0px;top:264px;width: 912px;height:69px;z-index:0" align="left">
    <font style="font-size:16px" color="#000000" face="Arial">&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thank you for your order. <br>
    <br>
    &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; You will receive an email containing your customer reference number and payment details shortly.<br>
    </font></div>
    <div id="bv_" style="position:absolute;left:408px;top:432px;widt h:72px;height:22px;z-index:1" align="left">
    <font style="font-size:19px" color="#000000" face="Arial"><a href="http://www.blueskiesphotography.com.au" class="style1">HOME</a></font></div>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>

I used the script from the php mailto security tutorial, but have also tried the bluevoda one and that didn't work.

is there something simple i'm not doing?!?!

cheers

Re: Form Help Please

I do not see anything wrong with the code. I did a test and the error checking worked fine.

Try creating an email account in BV cpanel. Then replace the;
    With the Blue voda one in the php script.

The reason is that perhaps it is not getting through to that particular email address due to being blocked. Or maybe it is even showing up in the spam folder. But if it does show up in the Blue Voda email account- then you can have it forwarded to the other e-mail.

Other than that- the code appears correct.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

cheers for the suggestion.

I've set up an email through cpanel - michelle@blueskiesphotography.com.au and configured it to work in outlook. i've also unblocked port 25 through my ISP and its working fine. have changed the html in the page to new email addy but still not receiving emails from form?

Comment

i've just logged into my webmail in cpanel, and found messages like this:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
        recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

blueskies.photo@iinet.net.au
        SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<dxbrssod@voda16.voda16.com> SIZE=1897:
        host as-av.iinet.net.au [203.0.178.180]: 553 #5.1.8 Domain of sender address <dxbrssod@voda16.voda16.com> does not exist

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <dxbrssod@voda16.voda16.com>
        Received: from dxbrssod by voda16.voda16.com with local (Exim 4.66)
        (envelope-from <dxbrssod@voda16.voda16.com>)
        id 1I5BKX-0002Yt-KH
        for blueskies.photo@iinet.net.au; Sun, 01 Jul 2007 21:07:57 -0500
        To: blueskies.photo@iinet.net.au
        Subject: order form
        Message-Id: <E1I5BKX-0002Yt-KH@voda16.voda16.com>
        Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 21:07:57 -0500

Values submitted from web site form:
        name : michelle
        email : blueskies.photo@iinet.net.au
        mobile :
        photo1 : 123

so for some reason its sending error message to this email, which i havent specified anywhere?

Comment

I have sent a test- let me know if you receive it.

Andy (Keith)
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
          X