Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

User>Index Page>ext. website...Is Possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User>Index Page>ext. website...Is Possible?

Hi Guys,

Quick apology, i've already asked this in another thread on the forum, before i could find my way around properly, so sorry!! Won't happen again.

I have actually trawled my way through heaps of posts to see if my question has already been answered, but no luck.

Here is my question:

~I have created a simple one page website.
    ~It promotes a product for which i am an affiliate.
    ~I want a user to be able to navigate to straight to the products salespage from my index page.....so no need for a thank-you page.

How can i do this?

My new Blue Voda index page has been modelled on the current one i am using, which you can take a look at here: http://www.floraflare.com
    and i have created a form at the bottom of it to collect the user's name and email, and direct them to the thankyoupage/product salespage...so it'll work in exactly the same way as the one in the above link.

I have a pretty good idea it will involve some html coding, but i don't know where to insert it in my newly created Blue Voda index page.

I already have the relevant html code stored in a textfile, ready to be copied into the correct body of text, but like i said, where does it go?!

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

Simon
    www.floraflare.com

Re: User>Index Page>ext. website...Is Possible?

If this is a piece of html code, drag a html box in your page, double click it and paste in ithe window that will open, the code you have. That's all.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hey Great! Thanks!, i can see that at the top of the lefthand toolbar.

One more question,

Does it matter where in my page i drop the html box? If i have a contact details form at the bottom of the page, should i drop it in there?

Thank you,

Simon
      www.floraflare.com

Comment

This depends entirely on the effect that your code will produce. If, in example, it produces a form, the html box (usually) needs to be placed in the excact posiion where it must appear in the page. Just give it a try and if necessary move it around. You might also need to resize the html box to be bigger or smaller, depending on how your code is made.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok, Thanks Naval, i'll have a play around :)
          www.floraflare.com

Comment

Hi again, i've been playing around with the HTML box, i created it, inserted the code i have into it, made it the same size as the opt-in form at the bottom of my web page, and laid the form on top of it.

There must be something i've done wrong, 'cause when i Google my own site, and put my details in the opt-in box and submit, a page pops up saying: The requested URL/action.php was not found on this server.
            Additionally, a 404 not found error was encountered while trying to use an error document to handle the request.

Would anyone clever like to click on the above link to helpme diagnose this hurdle?

Thanks in advance,

Si
            www.floraflare.com

Comment

Did you actually create and published the "action.php" page ? If not, how can the script find it ?
              Navaldesign

Comment

No, the only page i've created is the squeezepage here:

This is the sales page i'm trying to redirect the user to when they submit their details:

Is there another page i need to create?

Thanks for your patience!
                www.floraflare.com

Comment

Yes you need to create an action.php page that will process that data that is submitted by the form.

Register/Login Script
                  Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Cool, thanks, i'll go work on it :)
                    www.floraflare.com

Comment

Ok i've played around a bit, not having much luck though, the tutorials don't really cover it either, is there a step by step solution to this puzzle?!

Thanks in advance guys

Si
                      www.floraflare.com

Comment

BlueVoda Forms Tutorial Part 1 IS a step by step tutorial, very analytic. Just take the time to watch the media presentation AND read the text under it.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Naval, thanks for your patience.

I have been scouring the Forms pt1 tutorial and the text beneath, but haven't yet been able resolve this.

The main problems are:

(1)
                          the HTML code i have, which needs to be copied and pasted into the 'Between Head Tags' tab of the Page properties 'Page HTML' is different from that shown in the tutorial.

My HTML code does not have:

$mailto="order@example.com";
                          $mailsubj="Enter Your Subject Here";

To reiterate, my/this HTML code is supplied to me by my Auto Responder company to direct a user to the salespage of a product i am an affiliate for, as well as capture their details.
                          Does this make difference?

Would it help if i showed you this code? Preferably via email i guess?...

(2)
                          After some recent alterations, when a user now submits their details via my opt-in page http://www.floraflare.com , an alert box is popping up saying:

(!) Please enter only letter characters in the "Editbox 2" field.

Any idea how to sort this?

(3)
                          To link this site http://www.floraflare.com
                          to this site http://www.bonsaigardener.org/index2.html?hop=si3030
                          .... do i definately need to create a thank you page between them? Ideally, i'd like to use the latter link AS the thank you page.

Once again, thanks for all your help, i realise it must be frustrating sometimes!

Si
                          www.floraflare.com

Comment

The main problems are:

(1)
                            the HTML code i have, which needs to be copied and pasted into the 'Between Head Tags' tab of the Page properties 'Page HTML' is different from that shown in the tutorial.

Just use the one that is in the text under the multimdia tutorial.

My HTML code does not have:

$mailto="order@example.com";
                            $mailsubj="Enter Your Subject Here";

To reiterate, my/this HTML code is supplied to me by my Auto Responder company to direct a user to the salespage of a product i am an affiliate for, as well as capture their details.

Of course it makes difference. The code they have supplied you is for sending them on another site, probably together with your affiliate ID number. It will probably NOT email you, unless THEY have set such a facility on their website.

Yes, you can send it using my form if you wish. However, as i said, it is probably NOT setuo to email you . The info ends up in THEIR website, so, if they have NOT set it up so that it also emails the affiliate, you will NOT receive any email.

(2)
                            After some recent alterations, when a user now submits their details via my opt-in page http://www.floraflare.com , an alert box is popping up saying:

You have probably enabled the vaidation for your Editobox2, in particular you have set a costrain that it needs to be text. I do not know what you mean "sort". If you want to remove the validation, double click the field, then click on "Validate" and uncheck all checked checkboxes.

(3)
                            .... do i definately need to create a thank you page between them? Ideally, i'd like to use the latter link AS the thank you page.

There are many ways to achieve this. I assume that since you are talking about a thank you page, you mean that you want the visitors to land to that page after the form submission. The simplest way: Instead of creating a thank you page, you simply upload the processing script with a "headrer" instruction at the end of code of the code. However, i don't know if by "linking" you also mean passing over some info or simply redirecting.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Of course it makes difference. The code they have supplied you is for sending them on another site, probably together with your affiliate ID number. It will probably NOT email you, unless THEY have set such a facility on their website.
                              I think you are quite right Naval, i believe i can get this arranged elsewhere.

Yes, you can send it using my form if you wish. However, as i said, it is probably NOT setuo to email you . The info ends up in THEIR website, so, if they have NOT set it up so that it also emails the affiliate, you will NOT receive any email.
                              I have sent you a file containing my html code via a form on the website in your personal profile, hope this is correct, Thanks for taking a look.

(2)

You have probably enabled the vaidation for your Editobox2, in particular you have set a costrain that it needs to be text. I do not know what you mean "sort". If you want to remove the validation, double click the field, then click on "Validate" and uncheck all checked checkboxes.
                              You are quite right Naval, i had a box checked in the validation tab. I have corrected this and it now operates. However,the page which now appears after submitting is:

405 Method Not allowed
                              The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL Index2.html
                              Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.bonsaigardener.org Port 80

This i realise is because it not yet operational, but the message is different, before, it was a 404 message.
                              Not sure what this means.

(3)

There are many ways to achieve this. I assume that since you are talking about a thank you page, you mean that you want the visitors to land to that page after the form submission. The simplest way: Instead of creating a thank you page, you simply upload the processing script with a "headrer" instruction at the end of code of the code. However, i don't know if by "linking" you also mean passing over some info or simply redirecting.
                              You assume correctly, and by "linking", i do mean redirecting AND sending their name and email to my autoresponder.

When you say "the processing script", where can i find this?

Again Naval, many many thanks for your help,

Simon
                              www.floraflare.com

Comment

Working...
                              X