Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why am I getting links to my site without knowing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am I getting links to my site without knowing?

Hi there,

Iīve been promoting my site by exchanging links with same type of business sites, by participating in forums using my signature,etc..

Iīve notice however that the number of links to my site exceed by far the posts and links that Iīve exchanged. I havenīt post and exchanged about 1200 times. Not even close! And thatīs the aproximate number of links pointing to my site. Sometimes I donīt do anything for a couple of weeks and I see the numbers jumping from lets say 850 to 895 for example.

Why does it happen? Shall I worry about it? Or better, can it be a problem for google having non quality links pointing to your site? (if thatīs the case).

Many thanks in advance,
    N Z B R
    t o u r s
    New Zealand Tours
    Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
    Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
    Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
    Neuseeland Reisen

Re: Why am I getting links to my site without knowing?

That's a GOOD thing - that's natural linking and what the se's WANT to see. That's people finding your site and using it as an authority - or linking to it because it's good for their own site/business, etc - and THAT is what will help you move up the ranks in the se's faster than anything else.

Reciprocal links are only good for so much - the one way links because people find your site worthwhile - are worth far more. Be happy.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thatīs great!! Thanks Beth.

So, even if the link is coming from a site which page rank is zero, is it ok? Iīve read somewhere that we should be selective and go for the quality sites (page rank 3 or over). What do you think? Can it cause any harm to my site ( if a īsite zeroī is linking to me)?

Cheers,
      N Z B R
      t o u r s
      New Zealand Tours
      Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
      Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
      Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
      Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

It shouldn't affect your page rank, it would be awfully evil of them to punish you for something that is out of your control

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

So, if you have a new site with no rank - no one should ever link with you? IT does NOT hurt you to link with sites that have no rank - unless you're linking to sites that are not good.

You are not penalized for sites that link to you (unless reciprocal links or you have some control over them).

You should be building your site for the end user. If you are doing that correctly, following sound SEO advice - then you'll be fine. Remember who your site is for. That's actually what the se's are looking for. Somethings that help - are techniques which are actually just proper coding etc (like h1 tags).
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
          X