page properties question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• page properties question

Forgive my ignorance here! Can someone give me an example of what, if anything, I should be putting in the box on a page properties where it says gateway HTML? They have "CON" in there already. Do I leave that in there, replace it, or add to it?
    Thank you,
    Lorena
    www.bounteousbasket.com

Re: page properties question

Good question. Ive been meaning to research that myself and just havent had the time, or when ive had the time, not the inclination. Ill include it in my to do list, but, Ive left all mine as is. I suspect it has to do if you do customization and static pages, but Im just guessing. Ill let you know. If i ferget ... remind me.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Customizing the Gateway Page HTML
      In some instances, it has been recommended that the Gateway Page content, actually consist of mostly text with very few images. The images that are used should contain specific text content that acts as more keywords in the “ALT” tag of the image.
      You probably noticed in the last exercise that there is also a place for “Gateway HTML” in the “Page Properties” section of the page editor. This allows you to create custom HTML and place it into this area to customize your Gateway Page. However it is not required that you include page links with your custom HTML because the Pro Edition will automatically append links to pages that exist on your Menu Display system.

This is kinda what i thought it might be. An additional way to LINK customized pages to the menu or footer area, and to allow custom code in areas not already altered or changed in your site. Unless you know what you are doing there, or what to experiment on a practice page, Id leave it alone.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen,
        Leaving it alone works for me!!
        I have enough to work on waiting for VH to fix an issue that's
        preventing my plugin installations. If it's not one thing it's 10 others!
        Thank you,
        Lorena
        www.bounteousbasket.com

Comment

Working...
        X