Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third party Flash menus - embedding?

Yes me again!

I've signed up to an excellent site called FlashVortex.com and they provide some excellent Flash menus (I don't really like what BV has to offer).

I've created my menu and saved it and loaded it up as a flash file into BV.

If I preview or publish the page I can see it fine. However when I am using the BV editor, all I can see is a big white box. This is really infuriating as I want to be able to adjust size and see how it looks with the rest of the site.

Again am I a newb doing something wrong or is this just an irritating feature of BV? I'm hoping the former!

Thanks

PM

Re: Third party Flash menus - embedding?

Any embedded code whether it be Java or HTML will only show as a white box in your BV design view. We all have to work with it the same way - preview - adjust - preview - adjust. It's the way it is. And considering that BV is a free and very powerful web design tool I think it's a very small price to pay to get the website I want. Lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

lol - ok

it's not ideal but it is bareable ;)

thanks for clearing that up

Comment

How did you load the flash into bv.
        if entered code then no it probably won't show, but if you used the swf file then it should show, before preview.

Comment

Originally posted by Aliens Anonymous View Post
          How did you load the flash into bv.
          if entered code then no it probably won't show, but if you used the swf file then it should show, before preview.
          i uploaded the menu to VodaHost along with a script file and then used some code that is provided

here's the installation advice:

1. Put your files in the appropriate folder. To install your Flash animation, you will need the 2 files provided with this download :

flashvortex.swf and displayFlash.js

You must put both files in the same folder as the web page that will display your Flash animation. For example :
          If your web page is here :
          http://www.mydomain.com/index.html
          You must put your Flash file here :
          http://www.mydomain.com/flashvortex.swf
          You must put your javascript file here :
          http://www.mydomain.com/displayFlash.js

2. Copy the HTML code snippet. Highlight and copy the following HTML code snippet :

<SCRIPT src="displayFlash.js"></SCRIPT>

Paste the HTML code snippet into your web page HTML code. Now, you must open the HTML source code of your web page. When you have your HTML open, you should follow these three instructions :
          1. Somewhere in the actual body of the code, determine where you want to place the code snippet.
          2. Paste it. If you do not know where you want it, experiment a little with it.
          3. When you have discovered where you like it, make sure you save it.
          i basically placed both files into the public_html folder and then used a script file (i think) on the page. I might try an HTML one again.

I've also tried uploading the .swf file using the flash tool, but still cant see it in preview.

if this is wrong then...that could solve it!

PM

Comment

remove any coding that you have entered on the page.
            Ok if you have the flashvortex.swf file on your pc open your page in bv that you want to put the menu on, click the flash button in your menu bar, double click the box that appears with a red f and flash on it, click the browse button find the flashvortex.swf you have click it so it apears in the file name, press open. now choose the other options and press ok your menu should now appear, you will have to upload all other files though your ftp manager. but bv will publish the swf file for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Aliens Anonymous View Post
              remove any coding that you have entered on the page.
              Ok if you have the flashvortex.swf file on your pc open your page in bv that you want to put the menu on, click the flash button in your menu bar, double click the box that appears with a red f and flash on it, click the browse button find the flashvortex.swf you have click it so it apears in the file name, press open. now choose the other options and press ok your menu should now appear, you will have to upload all other files though your ftp manager.
              but bv will publish the swf file for you.
              Thanks for this. I'm sure this is what i've done - and it does appear when i preview/publish - however what I was wanting was for it to appear in BV prior to publishing/previewing.

If I do upload these files through the ftp, what folder should I put them in?

Comment

Working...
              X