Cart with best shipping options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cart with best shipping options?

Hi everyone! I'm going to be shipping products internationally to multiple locations, and it's essential that my shopping cart allows me to set different postage rates based on my customers' locations.

Any idea of which shopping carts would be good (or poor) for this?

Thanks!
    Janelle

Re: Cart with best shipping options?

Soholaunch is a superlative "builder" but lacks breadth and depth of categories, sub-categories, and has but 2 shipping options presets.

osCommerce is a full-blown cart, and as such requires a lot more attention to detail with regard to configuration/customization, but has unlimited categories/sub-categories, and is wide open for the shipping/delivery options you seek --- it is also the main cart I chose for the same reasons.
    Secondly, there are more templates available for OSC than the others, which may indicate popularity, which equates measurable proof of servicability and applications.
    Additionally, OSC is "open source" and has the greatest number of plug-ins and MODS of all I have researched, and this in particular is reassuring to me personally, as I know my sites and systems can easily grow with my needs well into the future.

I am unsure how CUBE is, but since you will be required to become familiar with whatever system you choose, if you drill into CUBE tutorials here at VodaHost, you may find it has the features that satisfy your needs while still serving as a primer for your understanding of carts in general.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Cart with best shipping options?

Many carts will do what you want. Unfortunately, none of us can tell you which one will work best for you otherwise. I'm using CartManager and love it - and you'd be able to set as many different shipping locations/options as you would want. But it is not a catalog driven cart if that's what you're looking for. You're right to do the homework on your cart first. I tested more than a dozen different carts before I selected how I build and the cart I use. And this is one case where the cart does have to come before the horse. :)

Good luck to you.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
      X