Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internal product search?

Hi,

I'd like to set up a search bar on my main page that will search my website for products, key words, etc. How do I do this?

Thanks!
    Janelle

Re: Internal product search?

Without lowering yourself to availing the insertion of a "free" (really, it is not...) utility from the likes of Google, you will need to either locate a compatible script (try www.dynamicdrive.com) or add in a BV-compatible shopping cart like MALS or something similar.

The dynamic nature of this action requires a script, and is not something that is commonly integrated into a design utility, and is usually a feature of shopping carts or similar formats. Each use has pratfalls and a price to pay, despite claims of being benign or "free". Choose carefully.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Internal product search?

I never saw a script for this with dynamic drive. However there are several out there. One I like (but am not currently using anywhere) is: http://www.perlfect.com/freescripts/search/
      The one I am using is: www.freefind.com - very easy to install and use - and they have a free version as well as a paid one.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
      X