Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Management

Hi All

I am looking for suggestions on how to organize / store document & updates on a new website. Does fastastico carry a add-on which can perform the duty of a systematic process in order to store documents in a meaningful manner, indexed by year, unit, country, client, and service line?

The actual website is being created in BV and will have it's own forum, gallery etc So I don't need all the bells and whistles, just an easy to navigate and search area, where our 20 team members can find and download documents.
    BevServ
    www.bevserv.net

Re: File Management

Me Again,

Is there maybe a phpBB2 mod which could handle the above through the forum??

Thanks,
    BevServ
    www.bevserv.net

Comment

You can manage the directories on your website very easy with a ftp. I would just create a folder called documents, and then create multiple directories inside of that to organize all the documents. And just make sure you don't put an index in any of them, and people can just browse through the directories.

Alternatively there are download management scripts out there, that besides for uploading the files, will also create an entry into a database. It will allow you to organize the files without having to mess with the location on the website. Plus you will be able to search.

phpBB might have a mod for this, I'm not aware of one by name or a link (I haven't used phpBB in over a year), but in most cases there is always a mod that is close

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Can you have automated article submission using Joomla?
        If not, which CMS programme does offer this?

Thanks
        sigpic
        Jacksparrow_6

Comment

what do you mean by automatic article submission?

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by Watdaflip View Post
            what do you mean by automatic article submission?
            Errm...

One that allows authors to submit articles to your website, (with me having to do anything)
            sigpic
            Jacksparrow_6

Comment

Also,

I've got a problem. Please visit this link to see what it is: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/gen...d=1#post170872

Thanks
              sigpic
              Jacksparrow_6

Comment

Working...
              X