X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ooooh now what - form php?

Hi there,

I finished my site except for the form which was the last page,
    I didnt realise when I planned this project that forms had to be published as .php as result all the links and navs to that page are .html.
    ooooh!

1) Do I have to republish each page with new links or is their a more efficient and friendly way to do this?

2) Or is there a way to load the form as html and make the submit button direct to the thankyou page?

3) Or can I change these links with out actually re publishing the pages individually?

Any assistance or views on this will be highly appreciated!

Regards
    Al
    www.comedyshop.co.za/feedback.php

Ha - Hows my luck?

Re: ooooh now what - form php?

1) Do I have to republish each page with new links or is their a more efficient and friendly way to do this?
    Forms do not "have to" be published as .php. The form can be html. The page that processes the form data has to be .php as it will contain the php script.

2) Or is there a way to load the form as html and make the submit button direct to the thankyou page? That is exactly how it works. The form can be html. The action of the page is set to what ever page will contain the php code to process the form. For example: action.php or thankyou.php etc...

3) Or can I change these links with out actually re publishing the pages individually? No. If you change a page to a .php and leave the link as .html - it will never go to the page you desire.

To your form I would make the following corrections:
    1- change the names of the fields to lower case letters and in the case of the "How did you find us" box- change its name from Advertising that works to something simple like- referred_from

When naming fields you want to be very simple and keep it short. Additionally- lower case is preferred. If you need help with the php code portion, just post back.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Re: ooooh now what - form php?

Thank you so much, this has been really help full and yes I didn`t have clue how that works, Thank you!
      I took the PHP code from the tutorial, that should be right, but I will post here if I have a hassle.

Comment

Working...
      X