My new site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new site

Cool I have finally got around to doing my first site and it wasn't as daunting as I thought it would be. OK its pretty simple at the mo - I aim to develop it further in the future. Already I am getting a few people attending my classes from searching for this on the web and finding my site.

www.taichicoventry.co.uk

Re: My new site

Simple IS nice! I love it! :D

Comment

I love your site too! Very nice. Nothing I would change. =)

Julie S.
      www.hanalynn.com
      www.hanalynn.com

Comment

It's perfect.

Comment

very relaxing and peaceful

Gina
          Gina

Comment

wonderful, i like the color

julie's avatar is hmmmmm
            Nyoman

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everybody. I haven't been on for a while and was pleasantly surprised with the response. I like your site too Julie - very simple, easy too navigate, visually easy on the eyes with the colours and all. I think simplicity is the best. If you can convey what you mean with as few words as possible, or with images and colour then you can't go far wrong.

Nyoman you are obviously very skilled in the graphics department - a lot of great visuals going on there - I like it, nice one. Yes Julie's avatar is yum.

A few people have told me they find my site relaxing and peaceful - which goes hand in hand with Tai Chi. Although this was not my original intent its funny how it turned out like that.

Comment

Thanks for the compliment on my site and for stopping by. =)

(Blushing) Thanks also for the compliments on my avatar... it's just a web cam photo... not the best quality. So, glad to know you think it looks nice. =) I was shocked to see they put it up (not my doing)! It's kinda weird seeing my own photo when I pull up threads I've posted to. =P But, people have said it looks nice, so I've left it.

Julie S.
                www.hanalynn.com

Comment

Very nice.
                  www.photosc.blogspot.com
                  www.slodental.com

Comment

Yep me too. Nothing to criticise. Nice feeling eh?
                    www.savetherennets.com

Comment

Even though I love the site (I do have a bias here) can I make just one small criticism? If you underline a word (or words) this should be a link otherwise bold it etc. Fab though.
                      www.savetherennets.com

Comment

Thanks Rennet for that tip - yep nice feeling.

I like your site too - very well put together. I also learnt something about cheese and rennets. I normally try to avoid dairy as mush as possible but when I do buy cheese it is usually the vegetarian one. I did not know all that about rennets though. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Too bad you aren't in my little Canadian town Phooey! I've been dying to get into Tai Chi (or as I like to call it, Chai Tea) hehe...

An ex-boyfriend introduced me to some true blue Japanese Karate classes when I was back home (in the US), and absolutely loved it. My grandmother was Japanese, so it also made me feel like I was participating in my heritage a bit too. (--sigh--) Miss that stuff.

I live in a little bitty town and there isn't much in the way of Martial Arts (or anything else for that matter) available. =(

Why do you think I always end up here? =P It's too cold in Canada to go outside right now, and there's nothing to do where I live anyway. LOL

Anyway, I'll have to go back to your site and maybe check out some of those books or something and try it out in my living room. =) Is Tai Chi something someone can just learn on their own in their living room, or is it best to have an instructor?

Julie S.
                          www.hanalynn.com

Comment

Ha ha Chai Tea hey - with one sugar or two.

There is no substitute to going to a good class with a competent teacher in my humble opinion. A book is very limited in what it can show and explain and it is there only to act as a guide and background reading for a student who is attending regular classes. The whole concept of the style of Tai Chi we teach is based on the philosophy of Taoism which cannot be taught through written or verbal explanations - this is one of the reasons why Tai Chi was developed. To teach and live with the natural principles of Taoism and nature through a sytem of movements and partner exercises is the ultimate aim of the art.

Nevertheless there are obviously people living in areas where there are no local classes such as your good self who are interested in Tai Chi and yes obtaining a book on the subject would be a good starting point. There are several different styles of Tai Chi such as Lee, Yang, Wu, Sun etc ours is the Lee style as you know. If you can source a class not too far away then I would personally get a book on the style that is in your area. Of course I am biased to my own style but also recognise that the other styles can equally be as good. The book on my website is a very good introduction to Taoism and Tai Chi with photographs detailing the sequences of our Tai Chi form. I have tried several different styles and found the Lee Style worked for me. The most difficult part is actually finding a good teacher and class. Some styles are very good but you may go to class with a rubbish teacher so it is something to bear mind.

Ultimately Tai Chi is a health art and not a martial art - although there are a lot of martial arts principles involved. So if you do go to a class with an emphasis on martial arts I would personally steer well clear from these ones.

I have noticed in google there are a few links to Tai Chi in Canada how far these are away from you I don't know. If there is nothing in your area yes go for a book and learn what you can it will still provide some benefit but without a good class and teacher you will only scratch the surface of the art.

My thoughts also - it is too bad I am not over there in Canada - lol

On another note how do I get my profile picture as my avatar anybody??

Comment

What a really nice site you have. Congrats and good luck with your classes.

Vonny

Comment

Working...
                              X