Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Adsense to Blue Voda Site

Pls help.

After I get my adsense code, where do I past the code?

I open a page in my website, go to Pg HTML. Where do I past the code if I want it to appear on the left side of my page?

a) Start Page
    b) Between Head Tag
    c) Inside Body Tag
    d) Beginning of Body Tag
    e) End Of Body
    f) End of Page

Re: Adding Adsense to Blue Voda Site

None of these! :)

Its very easy. Click on the HTML box (top icon on the left hand side) and this will put an html box on your page. Make this the same size as the adsense box you have chosen. If you click on the html box you will see 150 x 150 appear at the bottom right of your screen - as you change the size of the box, these numbers change to show the size. Once it is the correct size place it exactly on your page where you want the ads to appear.

Then double click the box. This opens a new window where you can paste the adsense code. Close this and you are done! Publish your page, and your ads will be exactly where you want them!

Remember, you can have up to 3 adsense boxes on a page.
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Trish, I just want to thank you for the advice you gave about sizing ad boxes. I never knew it showed the actual size on the bottom right side of screen, I just approximated it visually, No wonder my www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners.html page is a mess, but I'm going to fix it right now. Again, thanks!!!
      Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html
      Who is Pristinelife? http://ourjourneytolife.com/aboutme.html

Comment

Trish,

It works. Thanks a million........

Nor, Singapore

Comment

Just an added extra.

If you want to change the background color of your addsense adds to your web page background simply "view source" on your webpage to find out your webpage background color.

Once you have the color ie BAFCC6 etc you can change the background and border color to suite your page when setting up the add in adsense.
          Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

thanks Phil......great tip

Comment

Trish,

Do you know how I can make the google ads to appear on another page instead of replacing my website page?

Comment

Phil,

Where do I go for "view source"? Sorry stupid question but I'm lost here.

apreciate the help

Nor

Comment

View source - look at the headings on the top of your page in internet explorer. Click 'view', and at the bottom you will find 'source'.

Not sure what you mean about another page - you can have up to 3 google adsense blocks on each page - you can put all your other text and photos on the page as well. You won't get far if you just have adsense on your page, as google won't like that much. Check out my sites for examples.

And as for the sizing of the boxes - I won't tell you how long it took me to find this out!! LOL :)
                  Trish
                  www.Limebrook.com
                  www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                  www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Thanks Trish,

Loved your website, especially Website Designing for Beginners.

You did it through Bluevoda?

How did you get the Google Search box to appear on your website?

I have a lot to learn......sigh....

Comment

thanks for the compliments - yes, all sites BV. What else would I use? LOL

When you sign up for adsense you can also add the google search box to your sites. It's easy to use, just follow the instructions, and add the HMTL box in the same way. It does help take people away from your sites though, and doesn't generate much income, so you may want to consider whether to use it or not. For a big site like Limebrook which people may want to try and search within I find it a useful tool.

You'll soon be finding your way around everything and finding what works for you and what doesn't. Just have fun learning!

Good luck with your site!
                      Trish
                      www.Limebrook.com
                      www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                      www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Trish, before i send my website for review at the testing ground, can u view it and give me yr comments.

thanks.

Comment

Trish, what's the size you select for your website? Do you tick centre browser? How come my website, ppl have to scroll vertically?

Comment

My websites are 800 wide by anything long! I check centre browser.

I have looked at your site - it looks very professional! I'd come to you for advice! Clear and easy to read, good navigation.

It looks fine on my screen, but those with a 800x600 will have to do a sideways scroll, however that will not be the majority of your visitors - up to you really, you have designed it well, and reducing the width may be a lot of work.

Well done!
                            Trish
                            www.Limebrook.com
                            www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                            www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Originally posted by limebrook1 View Post
                              thanks for the compliments - yes, all sites BV. What else would I use? LOL

When you sign up for adsense you can also add the google search box to your sites. It's easy to use, just follow the instructions, and add the HMTL box in the same way. It does help take people away from your sites though, and doesn't generate much income, so you may want to consider whether to use it or not. For a big site like Limebrook which people may want to try and search within I find it a useful tool.

You'll soon be finding your way around everything and finding what works for you and what doesn't. Just have fun learning!

Good luck with your site!

www.atozsoftwaretesting.com

Comment

Working...
                              X