Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My forums are down...

Hello.

Me in my mighty wisdom went to download some addon to our phpbb forum.
    It is called forumadmanager and I thought it could help somehow but hei.. It surely didn't.

Forums are copletely useless because I can't login as admin anymore. Something went wrong in installation progress and thats about it.

I'm not asking tech support here (unless you know solution) but what I like to hear is your opinion about SMF forums. Are they good enough compairing phpbb or shoul I forget that option.
    I am in low budget so vBulletin is not an option.
    SMF looks nicer but I have no clue is it safe etc.

Thanks in advance

Jarkko

Re: My forums are down...

You can't simply download a hack to a phpBB forum, you have to manually edit the files. Have you manually edited any files?

What exactly are you seeing? Is your forum down completely, or is it just a case where you can't log in to your admin panel?

When you try to log in to the admin panel, are you constantly looped back to the index page? If this is the case, you're experiencing a cookie issue and it's very common. To fix it, you should visit this page, download the supplied hack and follow the instructions very closely. It's very simple and it will fix the problem.

SMF is a waste of time, trust me on that. I used it and phpBB before moving to vBulletin and phpBB is far superior.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Re: My forums are down...

Hello.

Only the admin area is down. It says "unknown language packet".
      I tought I installed it as instructed, but seems like I didn't.
      I sent a ticket to their support and I'm waiting for response is there anything to do.

If all fails, fortunately I have a backup, so new install would be option then.
      And thanks for your comment about SMF, that cake is pretty only outside.
      Maybe someday we can have vBulletin..

Comment

Working...
      X