Logo Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo Assistance

I've published some of my pages with logos, and when I go to visit them, they are not there. Sometimes they are, sometimes they are not. Also some of my photos that I created through the gallery are not showing up. Again, sometimes they are, sometimes thay are not. Please advise... Thank you,

Re: Logo Problems??

can you post the url to these pages that you are having the problems with so we can have a look?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Which logos are you referring to?

Check the location of your pic files, if you moved them after making your links they will not appear. Also, on photo D Springs Fla opens your contact page not a larger image.
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

I used logos before and got tired of this problem so I deleted them, but I currently have logos behind all of my writing on most of my pages to create a darker shadowed background. Also on my home page where it says "Welcome to Kirby Properties" that's a logo in "text only" that I created.
        I also create a lot of pictures through the gallery maker, it works fine if I leave the frame on default, but when I go to change it (for example) to the push pin frame, it does the same thing as the logos...sometimes it shows, sometimes it doesn't. When it does not show, I can sometimes see it trying to load up, and when it's finished loading it disappears. I know it sounds crazy, but that is the best way for me to describe it...I just visited the site and here is some stuff that is not coming up, logo shadows behind my opening description, logo shadowing behind my buttons and my main logo, some lines are missing. I just clicked on my home button about 10 times and it finally appeared correctly. I don't know what is going on...I have tried it from several different computers with the same results.
        Thanks for the help

p.s. the link for D. Springs picture is going to right spot, my listings are links, they are not suppose to open larger.

Comment

Hi there ...

You have some pretty serious issues happening there that you might want to take care of ...

For starters your home page (index) is taking 39 seconds to open on an isdn connection - far too long - the recommended absolute length for this type of connection is 17 seconds, you are more than double ...

Reason - your images have not been resized - I check one image and it was 177 kbs - that's pretty well the recommended page size -

use the free pix resizer available through Voda .. and another good tool once you have resized is to optimze your images with the free on line image optimize found at www.dynamicdrive.com

In so far as using the logo for the background of some text on your page, it's not a good idea ... use instead a shape, choose your color, you can even make it gradient if you like .. apply your text on top of that ...

Once you fix these issues I think you will find everything better ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I don't know why it's taking you so long to open the page. At max it takes 5 seconds to open for me. As for resizing the pics, I have to resize them even if they are not ment to open? For example my Kirby Properties header pic...if not that pic which pics where you refering to. Thank you

Comment

In shape, is there a way to make it transparent so it can still see the background? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kirbyproperties.net View Post
                I don't know why it's taking you so long to open the page. At max it takes 5 seconds to open for me. As for resizing the pics, I have to resize them even if they are not ment to open? For example my Kirby Properties header pic...if not that pic which pics where you refering to. Thank you

Hi there ... yes things will open quickly for you on your computer as it is already cached ... but not for the rest of the world ...

Yes you should resize your pics ... this image for instance is 177 kbs - it's your background ... I took it up to the link I provided for you and optimized it and it is now only 49 kbs ... that's a huge savings ..
                Also it is 1152 px wide ... not sure of the width that you are building your pages at (I didn't look) however, the recommended page width is still '800 - some have chosen to go to '1000 - in any case this page is still too wide for alot of viewers ... they will have sideways scroll, which you want to avoid ...

Attached are your images, the 177 kb and the the 49 kb ...
                (I would recommend resizing the smaller kb version to fit your page width, whatever width you decide.)

this will make a difference ...
                Attached Files

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Re: Logo Assistance

thanks...I'll give it a shot. It still doesn't solve the logo issue. Hopefully one day it can be corrected.

Comment

Working...
                  X