Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iframe gallery question

Situation

I have a gallery inside an iframe. When you click on the image to enlarge, it opens within the iframe. I would like it to open on top.

I have used the _top option on my links page but a gallery does not give you this option.

Can I enter target"_top" in the gallery, objects html?
    If so where exactly?

Hope someone knows
    This is a link to one of the pages I am talking about.
    http://www.twelvebeads.com/Shop.html

Originally posted by TwelveBeads
    Situation

I have a gallery inside an iframe. When you click on the image to enlarge, it opens within the iframe. I would like it to open on top.

I have used the _top option on my links page but a gallery does not give you this option.

Can I enter target"_top" in the gallery, objects html?
    If so where exactly?

Hope someone knows
    This is a link to one of the pages I am talking about.
    http://www.twelvebeads.com/Shop.html
    I have been trying to do the same and have't been able. So, since I dont have many fotos, I created my own small fotogallery. It is based on two frames, one for the thumbnails and one for the enlarged fotos, , over the gallery one. Link your thumbnails to this upper frame. The initial content of this could be one of the fotos or even a background page. Take a look at http://www.navaldesign.info/23m_vetro_foto_gallery.html. I played a bit with the images size in pixels, because I didn't want to have scroll bars in the top frame.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

how do you link the thumbnails to the other frame..ive been trying to do it for ages with no luck! :(

Comment

Pinkflag,

1. I created a gallery on a seperate page - using the premade gallery offered
        2. Published the page
        3. Entered the url into the iframe properties

Hope this helps.
        I still can't get enlargements to open full screen

IS ANYONE OUT THERE!
        HELLO

Comment

Re: Iframe gallery question

Originally posted by pinkflag
          how do you link the thumbnails to the other frame..ive been trying to do it for ages with no luck! :(
          Sorry for the delay. I don't understand where is the problem. I have one main page, with the menu bar and an I-frame in it, let's call it innerframe. My gallery is a sepate page, so when you visit the foto-gallery it simply opens in the main page innerframe. In the gallery page i have two I-frames, one for the thumb index, let's call it indexframe, and one for the enlarged foto, let's call it fotoframe.
          The indexframe has scroll bars so you can scroll through the thumbnails. When you establish the link targeting for the thumbs, make sure to type in the "Target" field fotoframe, so the .jpg files will open in the fotoframe.

If you still have problems, I'll send you the page files.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by TwelveBeads
            Pinkflag,

1. I created a gallery on a seperate page - using the premade gallery offered
            2. Published the page
            3. Entered the url into the iframe properties

Hope this helps.
            I still can't get enlargements to open full screen

IS ANYONE OUT THERE!
            HELLO
            Hi,

I think that the problem is that you have the gallery in an Iframe which already is inside another iframe. Since Bluevoda doesn't allow you to target the links of the pre-made gallery, they simply open inside the main iframe. That's why you can't get full page enlargements. If my guess is wright, then there is nothing you can do, but to eliminate, for the gallery page, the main iframe. By the way Bluvoda guys, can't you do anything about this issue ?
            Navaldesign

Comment

You can not exand an Item inside a iframe and make it burst the frame. The iframe is like a window to the other side. You can see through it. But you can not go through it. What you want is impossible.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Oh well, can't blame a girl for trying. I am ok with them opening in the iframe. It would be nice to have full images but I can live with the way it is.

Thanks all

Comment

Hello twelve beads, I am new to the website design. I had visited your website and really like the way you do with your pictures, which will slowly enlarge itself. That makes your site really cool. I would like to do the same thing to my website. Do you mind telling me how to approach that?

Thank you.
                  Penny :)

Comment

Have a look at : http://www.picturetrail.com/photoFli...fadezoom.shtml
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Navaldesign:

Can the inframe be as large as the page? I have viewed scores of sites an haven't yet seen what I'm trying to do so I just need to try it.

Twelvebeads:

The growing picture is very cool

Comment

Working...
                      X