Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to use a template to all website pages

Hi folks,

I am new user for blueveda. In the past I used to work with templates in Dreamweaver. The reason was that if there are changes I need to do in menues for example (which are similar to all pages), or the page background, I do them in the template and then I can update all the pages. It saves alot of time for fixing each page separately. I would like to ask if this feature exists in blueveda, or I need to go to each page and fix them separately.

Thanks - Nir

Re: how to use a template to all website pages

Here is how it is done in BV - You have to read through this tread, because it also talks about doing this with I-Frames, which is NOT the preferred way.
    You want to use a php include.
    Hope this helps
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Re: how to use a template to all website pages

There isn't a feature like that built in (atleast that I know of, but I dont use it so there could be). This can be done with php using includes. BV uses absolute positioning, so if you put the background, menu, header, etc on a page, you can include it into your other pages and all the contents of the file will come along with it.

edit: guess I shoulda submitted before I took a break. you beat me to it

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
      X