tell me what you think please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tell me what you think please

I have still to sort out the gallery with resizing but can you let me know what you think I have changed it to lighter colours but not sure if its a bit bland.

www.nataliehumemakeupartist.com

Thanks

Re: tell me what you think please

Hi Natalie

Looking very good.

One thing i noticed was that the home page was very wide without content. I did the same thing on my site.

Male waxing just reading the words makes my eyes water.

Good Luck

Steven

www.ukcarinspections.com

Steven

Comment

Your Web page is nice, clean and promote your message well.

I would prefer the page to be in the center of the screen instead of aligned to the left.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Natalie,
        Some fine tuning would help your website:
        -Images are very important in your line of business, the image gallery is slow to load (even with broadband). One reason is that you are posting very large images, some over 700,000 bytes. Consider PixResizer to reduce the size and use the higher quality images for the rollover enlarged images.
        -I am sure that this intro -and I'm a Makeupaholic......... Im a self confessed addict- is very well intended (and it is funny) however it may not be the right one. Your third paragraph invites future brides to read on. Consider editing and move them around.

Good luck : -)
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Natalie,
          After writing this I read another of your posts and Chris' reply. Read his recommendations on images and resizing here they are very good.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006 View Post
            Natalie,
            After writing this I read another of your posts and Chris' reply. Read his recommendations on images and resizing here they are very good.
            Thanks Im going to sort out my images hopefully this evening as it is taking far to long to load and Im sure people will be bored waiting around

Comment

Why cover up most part of the back ground? I like to see what you are doing behind them.

Comment

I agree with WSBlue's last post above. Why covering up part of the background? Why not making that image smaller and use it as a header image where it will always be visible?
                Bless you
                Tom

Comment

Hi Natelie,

I agreed with Bill. It took quite awhile for the photos to load up.

Another suggestion. Maybe you will like to consider station your website header (tiltle) instead of using moving banner?

Overall, it is a nice website! Well done.
                  Cheers,
                  Eric PSF

PapaEric.com
                  A Father's Parenting Diary & More...

Comment

it is a nice site Natalie ... but I do agree with the above comments .... Also I don't know if you have got around to resizing the pics in the gallery yet but when I click on the thumbnails tey are very big and I need to scroll to look at them ... keep up the good work ...
                    kym, merlin & tala
                    creating white majick
                    www.whiteshepherds.com.au
                    www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
                    www.merlinsmajick.com
                    www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

I am glad some of the others ventured forth prior, but no one has even mentioned the fact your pictures do for your entire site's purpose less than they should: the wedding and especially the makeup/beauty business is al about detail, color, and realism......and personally, I feel that the prominent use of black and white (even if to project a "studio" theme of sorts) truly muddles the continuity --- even IF when in your gallery you present color images that strive to shine forth, and are visibly straining (and depending) on sheer contrast for definition. I would be one to expect a toned-down background (or muted significantly) and more prominent use of crisp images to buttress the textual information......it is all about the visitor picturing themselves, isn't it?

Secondly, I seem to be missing something in your gallery: are the dual images supposed to be a "before and after" or a gallery device that is not functional? They appear to be simply the same picture in two sizes, both of which are too small to express the intent as could be possible. I would re-think this layout, and either dutifully use the before-and-after method, or simply showcase brilliantly your work as proudly displayed by satisfied clients.

In My Opinion, or course......
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                      X