PDA

View Full Version : Mail Failure using Form

Bigdogdaddy
07-13-2007, 01:01 PM
I have downloaded and installed the Advanced Form Maker. It is really great! I am having one issue, however and am not sure where to look. When I test the form, not only do I receive a copy of the e-mail (as was expected), but I also receive a "Mail Failure" message as follows:

From: Mail Delivery System [mailto:Mailer-Daemon@voda6.vodahost.com (Mailer-Daemon@voda6.vodahost.com)]
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2007 7:24 AM
To: myBVaccount@voda6.vodahost.com (myBVaccount@voda6.vodahost.com)
Subject: Mail failure - no recipient addresses
A message that you sent contained no recipient addresses, and therefore no
delivery could be attempted.

Any ideas as to where to start looking? I would like to get this "contact Us" page into production this weekend.

Thanks for your help.

navaldesign
07-13-2007, 02:40 PM
I am not sure which processor you mean: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor OR Form Maker Pro ?

Please provide also a link to your form page.

Bigdogdaddy
07-13-2007, 04:39 PM
Naval,

Sorry about that. I am using the ABVFP. The link to the form page is http://www.6994th.com/contactform.html

navaldesign
07-13-2007, 08:18 PM
I tested your form, and everything seems fine. I checked the error page, and also recieved the thank you page after submission. I also recieved the autoresponder message, which means that ABVFP is perfectly working. Maybe you have used fake email address when testing the form ?

Bigdogdaddy
07-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Actually I used my real e-mail address when I tried it form home and a different real e-mail address when I tried it from work. In both instances I received the copy of the e-mail, followed by another e-mail with "Mail Failure". The mail failure e-mail came to either my home e-mail or work e-mail, depending upon which address I used.

The "TO:" information in the Mail Failure message leads me to suspect possibly something set up incorrectly in my VodaHost account (probably set up by myself)? It is being sent to my VodaHost account on Voda6.

Can you think of someplace in my Control Panel that I should start looking?

I appreciate you taking the time to help.

navaldesign
07-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Have you actually created admini.......@69......com (admini.......@69......com) in your CP?

Also, try sending a simple email from another email address to the one above, to see if you recieve it or also in this case you receive an error message.

Bigdogdaddy
07-14-2007, 01:34 AM
Naval,

In my e-mail forwarders, I have an account set up for Admi...@69...com and have that being forwarded to another person's real e-mail account. He is not getting any of the Mail Failed e-mails. I forwarded the Mail failure e-mail I received when you sent your test to your e-mail account so you could see the messages.

I sent an e-mail to myVHaccount@69....com (which is forwarded to my home e-mail) and got my message with no errors.

Looking at the Mail Failed e-mail, I noticed the first line of the message, "A message that you sent contained no recipient addresses, and therefore no delivery could be attempted." It almost sounds like there is a blank e-mail address being generated by the form?

navaldesign
07-14-2007, 05:16 AM
Check to see if you have added a "," before or after your email address in ABVFP control panel. That would explain why the script sends an email to a blank address.

Bigdogdaddy
07-16-2007, 12:55 PM
Evidently when I filled in the "Your e-mail Address" while creating the form, I added an extra comma or a space. I deleted the entries and added them back. That solved the problem.

Thank you very much for your help.

higge
07-16-2007, 01:58 PM
But there is something on Voda side because my admin mails fails too when someone register to my forums, I also have "mail delivery failure" in "horde".