stuartev www.everighthealth.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stuartev www.everighthealth.com

Hi there can anyone help me, i've been through the tutorials and done the reading i'm trying to link my pages together I've kept it as simple as i could in naming the different pages, i've done the hyperlinking thing, published the pages the last page aint showing up i get the 404, i can pull it up seperately, can anyone help please

Re: stuartev www.everighthealth.com

Check your linking text VERY carefully - if you have made a small mistake it won't link. Check that you have called the page what you think you have (I once put .. instead of .!), and rewrite the link again.

As long as you have named the page correctly and your link text is the same it should come up alright.
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Another case in point. I named my link list page "links" but saved it as "Links" and got the 404 Error. The difference was the Capital versus lower case "L". I renamed the file name and the page worked fine.

Now if I could just get my Thank You Page to come up when I Submit my form everything would be great. Been over that with a fine tooth comb and still get the 404 Error.

Comment

Is your form php? in that instance it will be nameofform.php instead of saving as a bvp or html.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yes it is a .php (actually they both are).

I know this is complex but here is what I am trying to do. The end result I want to achieve is to have seperate and different Thank You messages off of a form that has two check boxes indicating why someone is submitting the form.

Here is how I have tried to accomplish that. I have a link for ordering a free cd and another link to request a consultation. I want to use the same form design for both with two check boxes to let me know what they are requesting. So I have two identical forms sitting out there. The free cd link goes to one of the forms and the consultation request goes to the other form. Each form is tied to a seperate Thank You page. Both forms are named "action" and I have action.php in each Action: field. I think this is what is causing the conflict but my understanding is that every form has to be named action. I did save the two forms and thank you pages with unique names when I did a Save As.

Is my approach causing a conflict?
          Any suggestions how I can accomplish what I want to do?

Comment

thanks guys i'll double check things and get back to you,
            you can tell i'm a new to this eh.

Comment

I have checked all of what you said all of it the .php, html, spelling its all in lower case. also i've noticed i've put a textarea1 in the form and when i've tested it i dont get through anything from it i get the details name, email and phone no, so do i need some code in the action.php for it. need help.

stu

Comment

Working...
              X