iFrames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iFrames

I have 10 pages on my site that are identical except for what will appear in the frame. Do I need to publish 20 pages - 10 identical pages except for the call reference in the frame plus the 10 pages that will appear in the frame? Or, is there a way to use navigation bars or some other tool so that I can publish only 11 pages - the one baisc page with 10 buttons (or whatever) to change the page in the frame?

And on the 5th.stop 10 pages got on and 11 pages got off, whos the bus driver?

Sorry, Just Joking........But thats what it sounds like...Can you please be kind enough
    to try again. I really do not understand what you are trying to say.
    Last edited by VodaHost; 11-12-2005, 09:11 PM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Second try

I didn't understand it either so let me try again. I have 10 pages (more or less) of photos to sell. They are organized by portfolios. I have a template for the basics of the page - a list of portfolios bottons down the left, price list, order form, etc. across the top. A user clicks on a protfolio button and they get the exact same basic screen with a protfolio in a gallery. When I want to make a change to the basic screen of the page (add a portfolio button, change the design, etc.), I have to go through every portfolio page and make the change.

I wanted to use frames so that I could publish one basic template page and use some type of navigation tool to bring the portfolios into the frame. This way I could keep my portfolio pages fairly simple and wouldn't need to change them everytime I want to make a change to the basic template.

I watched the frame tutorial and it seems that a page with a frame can only call into the frame one specifically designated page.

Hope this is a little more understandable, but I am not counting on it.

Thanks.

My site is www.orchardstreetphoto.com

Comment

Originally posted by delsbree
        I didn't understand it either so let me try again. I have 10 pages (more or less) of photos to sell. They are organized by portfolios. I have a template for the basics of the page - a list of portfolios bottons down the left, price list, order form, etc. across the top. A user clicks on a protfolio button and they get the exact same basic screen with a protfolio in a gallery. When I want to make a change to the basic screen of the page (add a portfolio button, change the design, etc.), I have to go through every portfolio page and make the change.

I wanted to use frames so that I could publish one basic template page and use some type of navigation tool to bring the portfolios into the frame. This way I could keep my portfolio pages fairly simple and wouldn't need to change them everytime I want to make a change to the basic template.

I watched the frame tutorial and it seems that a page with a frame can only call into the frame one specifically designated page.

Hope this is a little more understandable, but I am not counting on it.

Thanks.

My site is www.orchardstreetphoto.com
        Create a single, main page, and insert a nav bar or buttons, linking to the frame you have inserted in your main page. Each button (or each link of the navbar, it's the same) must point to one of your product pages. When setting up the links, make shure they open in the i-frame. You do this by hand-writting in the Target field the name of your I-frame. Make shure you have given your frame a name, and that it is the same you use in the Target field.
        Now, in the product pages you must only have the specific product details. In the main page instead, you will have the nav bar and the general layout of the page. Everytime you want to make a change in the general layout, you will only modify your main page and publish it again.

Take a look at www.navaldesign.info It is built up just with an Index page and a frame in it - even though the frame is not visible since it has no border. All the other pages open in the I-frame
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks. I didn't understand targeting - the tutorials don't deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by delsbree
            Thanks. I didn't understand targeting - the tutorials don't deal with it.
            When you define a link in BlueVoda you fill in the fields in the "Insert Hyperlink " window.
            In the "Target" field just type the name of your I-frame
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: iFrames

im liking the sound of this for a project im thinking off undertaking but i am a bit lost.

when you say link to the iframe would you type www.mysite.com/myiframe/content.html? and vary this for each one?

if not can i have it in baby steps please?

regards

bluerovers

bluerovers
              www.bluerovers.co.nz
              www.five-a-side.co.nz

Comment

No. You link the page normally, but in the Target field of the Link dialog box, you type the name you have given to your Iframe
                Navaldesign

Comment

so that would be www.mysite.com/pagename/iframe?

sorry if i'm being slow just want to be sure

bluerovers.co.nz
                  www.bluerovers.co.nz
                  bluerovers
                  www.bluerovers.co.nz
                  www.five-a-side.co.nz

Comment

If you had a page called www.mysite.com/pagename.html when you make a link to the iframe, place the page url in the url field
                    Then type the name of your iframe in the target field.
                    IE: “frameone” if this is what you have named your iframe.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

doh

cheers again chris, it all makes sense now i feel like i shouldn't read forums late into the night as it just gets me confused!!! lol

bluerovers

bluerovers
                      www.bluerovers.co.nz
                      www.five-a-side.co.nz

Comment

Working...
                      X