brn2crz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brn2crz

I open a new page. I select insert > bulleted list > select a bullet > Ok now I want to change the words in that box from "item 1" to something else.

I right clicked on the box..selected properties..and there is the HTML...so how do you modify it?

Thanks

Re: brn2crz

Double-click on Item 1. Then highlight it and type your text.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

Tom ..thanks so much...how do i decrease the distance betweet the bullets and text?
      When you click properties and then html..you get the html and below a choice of before tag, inside tag, and after tag. You can copy the HTML in the space provided, paste it below and change what you want but you can't cut or paste to that place or even save the modification to the original HTML?
      Suggestions?

Comment

Your first question:
        First click outside the bullet list.
        Now just click it once.
        Move the mouse pointer towards the left side of the text until the pointer changes to a cross hair.
        Click and drag to required space.

Second question: I'm trying to interpret what you are asking....
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

Right click on the bullet box > click properties > click html.. you get the html for the bullet box and below a choice of before tag, inside tag, and after tag where you can click and write HTML in a space. You can copy the bullet box HTML, paste it below and change what you want but you can't save the modification to the original HTML. In face you cannot paste HTML to the notepad. I hope this is clearer.

What I want to do is modify the Original HTML and bullet size and color. But the tool they give me does not seem to allow that.

Comment

Sorry Brn, now I understand. I'm busy checking. I see Collectors-info is on line. Let's hope he can also jump in here, while I'm trying to simulate your scenario.
            Bless you
            Tom

Comment

OK, I've got it. Make the changes as you explained. Now select all the html code and paste it in an HTML box. Preview the page to see the changes and your bullets.

I'm curious why you want to edit the html, while you can change the font and everything in the bullet box itself.
              Bless you
              Tom

Comment

Tom you cannot copy or cut or paste from the Object HTML box.

Comment

Of course you can. I just copied this from the Bullet box Object HTML.

<table width="100&#37;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" id="BulletedList2">
                  <tr>
                  <td align="left" valign="top" width="72" height="18"><font style="font-size:13px;" color="#000000" face="Symbol">&#183;</font></td>
                  <td align="left" valign="top" width="72" height="18"><font style="font-size:13px" color="#000000" face="Arial">Item 1</font></td>
                  </tr>
                  <tr>
                  <td align="left" valign="top" width="72" height="18"><font style="font-size:13px;" color="#000000" face="Symbol">&#183;</font></td>
                  <td align="left" valign="top" width="72" height="18"><font style="font-size:13px" color="#000000" face="Arial">Item 2</font></td>
                  </tr>
                  <tr>
                  <td align="left" valign="top" width="72" height="18"><font style="font-size:13px" color="#000000" face="Arial">Item 3</font></td>
                  </tr>
                  <tr>
                  <td align="left" valign="top" width="72" height="18"><font style="font-size:13px" color="#000000" face="Arial">Item 4</font></td>
                  </tr>
                  </table>
                  Bless you
                  Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom. I will wipe BV off the hardrive and reload it. I suspected something but if you can copy and I can't then I've got a buggy install. I look for you after I reload.

Comment

Tom,

Insert ......bulleted box......(with cursor place box on screen, select number of elements)........right click on bullet box.....select HTML...

Ok here a Object HTML menu appears with the HTML for the bullet box in the upper half. You can hilight it and drag it down into the notepad. The notepad has a bar across the top that says..before tag, inside tag, after tag.

Ok I hilight and drag down the original HTML. You can modify it.....but you cannot copy or paste or cut or drag it anywhere.

That's what happens here. Any ideas?

Comment

Try Control key +C for copy and control key +V for paste.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Karen Mack....thank you.... it worked.

Comment

Working...
                          X