Trying to reduce my video files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to reduce my video files

I have tried to add videos to a couple of pages in my site www.richardhays.net/Rickar07-videos1.html - They work sometimes. I am pretty sure it is because they are just too big and that there are 4 on one page. Does anyone know a good free software to reduce the sizes of these videos? They are .avi format. When they do work, they often autostart even though I have it unchecked in in the videos properties. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Trying to reduce my video files

When I made a video clip I converted it to a .flv (flash video file), which reduced it by half. I can't remember the name of the program I used, sorry.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Hello Ghostie,

Saw your post about video issue and just thought I'd put my $.02 in and offer you a little help in getting those huge .AVI crunched down so even dialup surfers can view them.

I too use video on my sites and have had great results with "FREE" programs from Microsoft website.

I downloaded Windows Media® Player 9 &10 Software Development Kit (SDK). These tools have have alot of features and they can make all video files smaller and they will look great online. Plus, the SDK has alot of tools and little programs in the download.

Sorry, I do not have the link to there anymore but you can run a search when you get to microsoft.com

Good luck,

Spiderwym ~~~(*;*)~~~

Comment

Four videos on one page clogs the pipes. One compressed video per page will start immediately. Try placing your page as an index page for the four videos. Click one picture, you get that video etc...
        As for compressing the file, the software that created your video to an AVI should have a compression option.
        If you are going to be doing lots of video, bite the bullet and buy Sorensen Squeeze (Compression software). $275 last time I looked. I compress video and audio files every day with it and never a glitch. I could not do without it.

Comment

Working...
        X