Unzipping Templates & Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unzipping Templates & Graphics

Hello! I'm new to the community, and I'm REALLY new to the world of web site building, and I'm having problems with the zip files.

I downloaded winzip onto my computer, but when I tried to install it...I got a message that it was a security risk, and also that it was not an application file.

What am I doing wrong? Is there other zip programs I can use, or is there something I'm missing with installing winzip?

Thanks!

Betty2

Re: Unzipping Templates & Graphics

Hi Betty I get those messages all the time. I usually ignore those messages. Then I save the download to my desktop, then scan for viruses, then I will install the file and thats it. I hope this helps.
    Never Let a Kind word go Un said!

Soy Candles

Comment

That message that you are getting is that windows doesnt recognize the publisher and that it may be a risk if you dont know the source of the file. In the case of winzip from voda.. i think you are ok. windows does this with numerous applications because they arent PARTNERS with these companies.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi, I'm new to BlueVoda. I'm having lots of trouble with the zip files, probably because I don't know very much...but after I downloaded WinZip from your website and I tried to open it on my computer, my computer says WinZip is not a valid application win32 and it will not open winzip at all, even after I press the OK on the error message.

I guess I can't use BlueVoda if I can't use the winzip.

Can I get a refund on the web package? I don't want to lose my new domain, I like it.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Abby... Look into this thread http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/gen...ght=unzip+file ... If you are running Microsoft the unzin program should already be there in your computer... Hope That Helps... Doug

Comment

Whoops! posted in the wrong thread.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
            X