computer fried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer fried

Anyone with shortcuts or ideas, suggestions I told ya so.....Yesterday the electric in the house acted funny...stand ventilation fans ran very slow and other electricity failed, not uncommon here in Tabasco, it continued to do this all afternoon. I have two computers in the house one downstairs and another in an office arriba, when the electric came back about eight hours late, my computers which were on, because we use them for business and of course BV would not turn on, they afre fried I imagine...I had surge protectors but must have been faulty..not uncommon here either...worst of all my website was not backed up nor my photos, but some that were taken recently that I , foolishly just put on the computer and deleted them from the camera they are gone...it would be not that difficult to go again and take the pix but is it worth it----any comment...glimmers of hopeż Don´t suppose there is anyway of saving anything after a years work.
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Re: computer fried

Originally posted by choco777 View Post
    Anyone with shortcuts or ideas, suggestions I told ya so.....Yesterday the electric in the house acted funny...stand ventilation fans ran very slow and other electricity failed, not uncommon here in Tabasco, it continued to do this all afternoon. I have two computers in the house one downstairs and another in an office arriba, when the electric came back about eight hours late, my computers which were on, because we use them for business and of course BV would not turn on, they afre fried I imagine...I had surge protectors but must have been faulty..not uncommon here either...worst of all my website was not backed up nor my photos, but some that were taken recently that I , foolishly just put on the computer and deleted them from the camera they are gone...it would be not that difficult to go again and take the pix but is it worth it----any comment...glimmers of hopeż Don´t suppose there is anyway of saving anything after a years work.
    Lots of bad luck... No Backups, UPS failing on you, etc....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Click the below....

Acronis provides award-winning backup software & data protection solutions for consumers, businesses & MSPs. Protect your sensitive information!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Choco
        I am so sorry this happend to you..
        I have just gone through something similar, but I didn't lose everything, only like 50+ pages.
        What I am doing is recovering the html and rebuilding the pages that are gone. This gets a lot of it, but not all of it, back.
        Reinstall BV, then open a new page.
        CLick open from existing html page
        Tick the button that says Remote, from html, and enter the url of tha page you are recovering.
        This will bring the page back, but you will have some tidying up to do. I ahd to recreate some links, reformat some text, like that.
        You have to do this for every page. It is painstaking work, but much easier than starting from scratch, and you get all your images back, too.
        Good Luck, my friend.
        Also, It is good to back up at least weekly on a flash drive....
        good luck.
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com
        www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Try buying a new power source for your computer. In the past during a lightning storm my power sources for the computer have been destroyed, I bought a new one and the computer worked fine

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
          X