I just yahooed and googled my website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just yahooed and googled my website

I just googled and yahooed my website www.qualitylighting.net and I went through many pages and found my website listed at 171 on yahoo, and 200 on google. Not very good. I would love to get my site at least in the top 20 rather in the bottom 200. What can I do to improve search engine ranking on my site?????????????????

I know I have a few simple grafic errors on navigation links on my website (when my son gets home he will fix those) but I need help so poeple can find me.

Any help will be eternally grateful!!!

Thank You fellow vodahosters!!

Paul the gaswizard

Re: I just yahooed and googled my website and I rank 171 and 200 not so good HELP!!!

Hi Paul! Haven't seen you around for awhile. Your site is looking really good, but you have a lot of work to do for the search engines to find you. The best place to start is to read Bethers SEO ebook, you can click on the link below my signature. I would start there and come back and review the various posts found HERE. If you have any questions about search engines, post the HERE, so that the experts can find you and help you easily!
    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Re: I just yahooed and googled my website and I rank 171 and 200 not so good HELP!!!

what search(s) did you use to find your site? I.E. what keywords?

Couple of cheap and nasty ways of improving your ranking is to consistently click on the link to your site, hit the back button, click on it again.

Type in what you think your layman who wants their antique chandelier fixed would look for in the search box. Find your site on the multiple pages. If you are on page 7 of google, hit back button on browser, copy/paste the search again on the main search page, jump to the page, click on your link. Rinse and repeat.

Advertise. Find forums all over the net, subscribe to them and advertise either outright plugs, or put them in your signature. Perhaps there are interior design forums you could participate in.

Consider adlink exchanges, or banner exchanges. Offer specials. Find a cheap product to sell (cheap as in YOUR overhead), put it on ebay with a user name like...well...your website?

Just some ideas that are cheap or free. Remember to read TOS for forums as to what links you can use or how to phrase them. Sometimes user ID's for forums can pretty much be your user id. Maybe a user ID like Qualitylightingdotnet would work =)

Paul

Comment

Re: I just yahooed and googled my website

Paul

Couple of cheap and nasty ways of improving your ranking is to consistently click on the link to your site, hit the back button, click on it again.
        have you lost your mind? LOL that might improve your stats.. or your alexa ranking.. it wont do anything for google or yahoo!

LOL.. Ive seen some good web myths.. but that one takes the cake!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

It works if the link is through Google or Yahoo =)

clicking on your sig won't though. Is that what you thought I meant?

There is a reason that I have the entire first page on a three word search on google. Especially albums I've played on that haven't been available for a good 8 years.

Paul

Comment

Paul

If it were so easy everybody would do it. More like, you have keywords for those searches, and if people searched. Absolutely, I guarantee clicking your own link WONT improve your page rank.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

most of the websites I'm featured on are not mine. The kewords are specific to the text involved on the page. By clicking on the link through google or yahoo, it improves the rank.

Although I have not followed the new ways that engine ranking is formulated from, I can say this has worked for me for the past 6 years.

And I'd like to correct the last post. It is two words, not three.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
                Paul

If it were so easy everybody would do it.

Karen

And there are a great many that do.

P

Comment

Clicking your link will NOT get you moved up - unless you are managing to click your link thousands and thousands of times.

You are dreaming that it is helping - but I promise you - it is other work that moved you up - not clicking the links. But you can keep wasting your time if you'd like :)
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beth, If I don't learn something new from all this then I need to get my head out of the sand. Meta tags question for you. Since I am a antique lighting dealer, can I use different variations of words in my meta tag section like: antique lighting, antique fixture, antique light, antique lamp, lamp repair, repair gas fixture, gas lighting, lighting fixture ect without a major problem. I would hate to get shut down because of a spam thing by using the word antique many times over in my meta tag section.

Thank You and awaiting your words of wisdom.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by cellopro View Post
                      what search(s) did you use to find your site? I.E. what keywords?

Type in what you think your layman who wants their antique chandelier fixed would look for in the search box. Find your site on the multiple pages. If you are on page 7 of google, hit back button on browser, copy/paste the search again on the main search page, jump to the page, click on your link. Rinse and repeat.

Advertise. Find forums all over the net, subscribe to them and advertise either outright plugs, or put them in your signature. Perhaps there are interior design forums you could participate in.

Consider adlink exchanges, or banner exchanges. Offer specials. Find a cheap product to sell (cheap as in YOUR overhead), put it on ebay with a user name like...well...your website?

Just some ideas that are cheap or free. Remember to read TOS for forums as to what links you can use or how to phrase them. Sometimes user ID's for forums can pretty much be your user id. Maybe a user ID like Qualitylightingdotnet would work =)

Paul
                      Geez, would that really work? Inquiring minds want to know
                      Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html
                      Who is Pristinelife? http://ourjourneytolife.com/aboutme.html

Comment

[quote=Bethers;170117]Clicking your link will NOT get you moved up - unless you are managing to click your link thousands and thousands of times.

You are dreaming that it is helping - but I promise you - it is other work that moved you up - not clicking the links. But you can keep wasting your time if you'd like :)[/quote

Beth, If I don't learn something new from all this then I need to get my head out of the sand. Meta tags question for you. Since I am a antique lighting dealer, can I use different variations of words in my meta tag section like: antique lighting, antique fixture, antique light, antique lamp, lamp repair, repair gas fixture, gas lighting, lighting fixture ect without a major problem. I would hate to get shut down because of a spam thing by using the word antique many times over in my meta tag section.

Thank You and awaiting your words of wisdom.

Paul

Comment

Paul,
                          You started another thread on this and I answered it. The meta keyword tag is rarely used anymore by se's - but they will notice if you spam it. So, make sure you don't put words in it that aren't on the page - and don't overdo it. You don't need the word repeated in the meta keywords all the time - that's not the purpose and won't help you.

Now, you can use the word on the page as much as you'd like - as long as it reads well for your customers. That's the important part.
                          Beth
                          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                          X