Hacking protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacking protection

I don't know a heck of a lot about websites / internet (and thanks to BV I don't need to learn much either :p), but as dumb as this may sound, I'm worried about someone hacking my website and changing things around. Is that even possible? What is the risk of something like that happening? What sort of security measures does VH have to prevent something like that? Any info on this would be great. I seem to have someone that is very jelous of my website - and I'm not really sure what they're capable of.

Re: Hacking protection

IF you run php scripts or cgi scripts- make sure they are secure.

Be sure to change your cpanel password every so often.

On subfolders- make sure that there is an index page if there is content /scripts etc... that you do not want the general public to see.

Other than that- you should be ok.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Re: Hacking protection

Make sure none of your directory are chmod'd to have group or user write rights.

Generally website made up of only html pages are secure. But its impossible to make a completely secure website, but assuming your website isn't commercial, or doesn't have any scripts running on it, I doubt it will draw interest from any hacker.

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
      X