Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pdf995, omniformat995, signature995

Hi Generals and Experts,

I was introduced to the above products here at VodaTalk.

I downloaded the free programs captioned above and each time the download was started I was flagged by my internet security software as follows:

"1 out of 6 downloads states that this is software is malicious "

What do you guys make of it?

How are these software malicious I am wondering. Any of you has had a bad experience with them?

All feedback appreciated.

Abu.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Re: pdf995, omniformat995, signature995

Hi, i have been using pdf995 & primo for a wile now & had no problems.
    But in saying this i swithed to open office 2.2 & found this will do much more. (Its a free version of windows office)
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

PDF995 (and the expanded version that includes more editing power) is completely safe and a Preferred Tool, as evidenced both by Chris and myself maintaining continued confidence in it.

I would be interested to know exactly where you got that "message" that caused you such concern......and you should get into the habit of always including such reference when making posts to allow for a specific and cognizant reply!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you General and Generalissimo for your vote of confidence.

It was a popup window could possibly from my firewall or internet security program. The next time it happens I will try and take a snapshot of the page.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

No prob.....see you around!

Comment

I've used PDF995 for a while and found it worked quite well. I don't think I'll buy Open Office though. The reviews compared it to a version of Office 2003, but I'm going to need Office 2007 Ultimate. I really don't think Open office comes even close.

Comment

Open office is free ... a substitute for the pricy microsoft office ... you can download it free here Not a good idea to take this program if you already have microsoft office installed, can cause conflicts ...

I've used the above and no problems - perhaps your security settings are too high on your computer and merely asking you if indeed you do want to download and install - in some cases drivers come with these ...

You should be safe with any and all of these programs.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                and you should get into the habit of always including such reference when making posts to allow for a specific and cognizant reply!
                I want to say that this is good advice for everyone, not only for the stated reason, but it also will make future searches of these forums more productive and less time consuming for anyone looking for specific answers to specific questions (are there any non-specific questions?).

Alright then, carry on!

Comment

Originally posted by pyro01 View Post
                  , but I'm going to need Office 2007 Ultimate. I really don't think Open office comes even close.
                  Having said something about "buying" Open Office and the comparisons you made above, I felt obliged to jump in when you went on to say that you "need" Office 2007 .... do you have any idea of the differences between Office 2003 and Office 2007 and how they may 'ultimately' impact your productivity or ability to carry on with your business unimpeded??

First of all, in Office 2007 the default editor for Word and Outlook has been "downgraded" to the simplest of Word editors, meaning you will no longer have a "web layout" view or the ability to create HTML based emails in Outlook. This itself is quite significant for any professional use of email communications, especially for business, as for most email broadcasts HTML Composition is not only the preferred format to creating compliant emails, but the only real way to create graphically appealling blasts. Office 2007 no longer has that ability, because they decided that the "common guy" probably didn't need it (I say BS --- they are trying to shove everyone to upgrading the MS Services and prepare total reliance on Vista and Vienna online applications beginning 2008 ) So....if you want to ever use a rich format for email, you will either have to create a template in Publisher and try your best to import it first into Word and then to Outlook, or go out and get a 3rd party utility to do what you used to be able to do (and the only real difference between regular Office 2007 and Premium/Ultimate is the "Contact Manager" which relies on ACT files).

If you insist on Office 2007 I would suggest you get ACT also, that way not only do you have all the functionality you are used to in Outlook, but you have an additional stable and robust web browser, HTML formatting (with extra templates and capabilities not found in Office), a superior Contact Manager, integrated Calendar and Project Manager, and so much more.

Personally, I would suggest you get Open Office for Free (or at the very most Office 2003) and get the current version of ACT for half the price of Office 2007 and end up with 3x the capability to endure using XP far beyond the days when the next quantum shift is to Vienna and online apps exclusively. But, that's just my suggestion.....

Comment

The thing is I'll have so many products that I'll manage it in a data base and if I transfer over to that open office I may not be able to open my access file. Did you look at what's included with the ultimate edition? Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, Visio, Info Path, Outlook with contacts management, Publisher, and Small Business Accounting. I may have missed some, but I can't end up with something like Microsoft Works. That's what I'm worried about. As far as using Publisher for Email I'd say that would be hard considering it's Layout. I've never used anything other than Office except works and that was junk.

Comment

In other words, you do not yet have an issue (but plan on one) and cannot make up your mind what to do to preserve your options.

Buy Office 2003 Pro and spend another $200 on ACT ..... you will get the best versions of Office (2007 is a bait-and-switch) and have a lot more than you could have dreamed of to handle the next 10 years of growth.

Trust me.

Comment

Working...
                      X