OsCommerce newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OsCommerce newbie

Hi everyone, before I launch headfirst into OsCommerce I was hoping somebody could help me out with a few questions:
    • I do not have (and do not want) a merchant bank account, so is there any way I can accept credit cards through OsCommerce without one? I have read a previous post and read I could use Paypal or Google Checkout, but I would rather my future customers both purchase and pay without leaving my website. Is this possible somehow? I'm in the UK if that makes any difference?
    And also...
    • In OsCommerce, is it possible to make OsCommerce state that a certain product is out of stock to my customers when it reaches a stock level of '0', and thus preventing any more purchases of that product. i.e: When publishing a new product I type in a stock level of, for example, '10'. Then each time one of that product is sold the stock level decreases by '1' until it reaches '0' and no more purchases can be made of that product. Is this possible as I do not want to be in a situation where I have received an order for a product I do not have?!
    And one more...
    • I want to purchase a template from VodaHostTemplates. Just wondering how the template got from vodahosttemplates and installed onto my oscommerce?
    Sorry for all the questions, but like I said, I want to know what I am doing before I start!

Thanks in advance.

Re: OsCommerce newbie

Langolis

I do not have (and do not want) a merchant bank account
    If you do not have a merchant account then they will have to leave your site to make the purchase either at google or paypal. Thats part of the reason to have a merchant account which enables you to accept ON SITE payments. No way to do this without it legally. Besides even if you garnered the information without a processor and bank, you couldnt redeem the numbers and have money deposited to your personal account.

is it possible to make OsCommerce state that a certain product is out of stock to my customers when it reaches a stock level of '0'
    Yes this is one of the features in using a Catalog Driven Cart.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks very much Karen, merchant account it is then!

Comment

Youre very welcome, and good luck!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X