Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long for an upload to appear online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long for an upload to appear online?

My website is www.rendleshamwi.org.

Yesterday evening I made several changes to the content of this site, including to the index page. I also added several new pages to the Members section (which is password protected).

I published all of the pages to which I had made an edit over a period of about 2 hours some 22-24 hours ago.

Some of the changes appeared almost immediately.

Others, including the changes to the index page and to the page named Events, and the new pages accessed from links on the Members page have not yet appeared. (I have republished all of these just to be sure).

How long is it reasonable to wait for an uplaod to take effect before concluding something is wrong?

Re: How long for an upload to appear online?

Originally posted by Tregeagle View Post
    My website is www.rendleshamwi.org.

Yesterday evening I made several changes to the content of this site, including to the index page. I also added several new pages to the Members section (which is password protected).

I published all of the pages to which I had made an edit over a period of about 2 hours some 22-24 hours ago.

Some of the changes appeared almost immediately.

Others, including the changes to the index page and to the page named Events, and the new pages accessed from links on the Members page have not yet appeared. (I have republished all of these just to be sure).

How long is it reasonable to wait for an uplaod to take effect before concluding something is wrong?
    Immediately your changes should show, as soon as you publish.
    Have you cleared your cache?
    If not, do so and see if you can see your changes.
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Hi, have you tried going to the page & tapping F5 quite a few times? & if this is no good, clearing your machines cache.

Good luck.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
        Hi, have you tried going to the page & tapping F5 quite a few times? & if this is no good, clearing your machines cache.

Good luck.
        Thank you - that brings up the edits on the main pages, but the new ones still don't appear.

I will check the links again to make sure I have not made a goof.

Comment

Working...
        X