X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verify Edit Box

Form that refers www.comedyshop.co.za/feedback.html

Hi All

I created verification on the edit boxes here, so things like the email address must be an email address and The telephone number must be a telephone number.

When I try it, it works fine, in fact perfect,

However I still get website submissions with UNKNOWN in the space, does anyone know how they do that, or if there is a way to stop it!

I have noticed its allways the adds / spammers who get it right!

Alistair

Re: Verify Edit Box

Spammers disable javascript, and since BV validation is javascript, they override it.
    You need to use PHP validation in your script. The javascript will be usefull for normal users, php can make a second, in-script validation that will partially protect you from spam (though not from sending you spam under a fake email address)
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank You Naval,
      Do you know where I might find the php scripts required?

Alistair

Comment

The script will depend on your form. Pretty much every form needs a specific script customized to its field names

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Specific validation requires specific scripts. For maximum protection, i use in some of my scripts:
          a. session verification, to avoid bot submission directly to the script.
          b. a captcha , to avoid bot submission through the form
          c. Field by field specific validation that disallowes @, http and www characters if more than one time, in the comments fields, not even once in other fields.
          d. File size and mime type check, as well as file renaming to avoid execution of malicious code after uploaded.
          e. Cookies (hehe) to cookie those inocent but annoying spammers that just do it for fun. I store their IP address and when they visit again, they are already banned but before the script quits, it cookies them so that they will be recognised next time even if they use another IP address (only for amateur spammers)
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X