Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subscription Page /paypal/welcome Page

My online magazine is to be read via subscription. www.ishimagazine.com

Presently the subscription page is linked to the welcome page.
    I don’t know if this is the right thing to do. When readers pay through Paypal, ( I have Paypal account) do they have to come back to the subscription page in order to get to the first page of the magazine.

I have not taken the link off the subscription page, but I have taken off the “next” indicator. I DON’T WANT THE PUBLIC TO VIEW MY MAGAZINE(FROM THE WELCOME PAGE ONWARDS), WITHOUT FIRST SUBSCRIBING.

Does clicking the VISA sign activate the subscription button, then leads the reader to the pages o fthe magazine?
    I want to put the final touches before I launch the magazine, but I need to get my subscription set up right.

Also, I am having problems finding answers to my questions on the forum. I am lost.

Thanks for your advice!

Re: Subscription Page /paypal/welcome Page

It is not that simple, and it also depends on how you want to check that they have actually paid.

The steps to follow are:

1. Subscription page: they click and they get redirected to PayPal to pay.
    2. Upon return from PayPal, they land in a page which contains a link to the magazine pages.

This landing page needs to be a standalone page, meaning that there must not be links to this page from anywhere, otherwise someones, especially search engine crawlers, can find it and then it will become public. Also you need to include a "Nonfollow" tag to show search engines that these pages must NOT be indexed.

Usually this type of sites follow a different approach: subscribers are to be registered. Their info is stored in a database. When the come back from PayPal, a script verifies that they have indeed payed. It automatically updates their member account with an indication that this member has paid the subscription up to date....... The magazine pages have public links, but the pages themselves are protected by a script that looks into the database to see if the member has paid, and if the subscription is valid, and only allows access if these conditions are fullfilled.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

TO Navaldesign: Thanks , I just found your answer. I do have a welcome page that is the link to the magazine. I guess I will have to enter the magazine as a mock subscriber/ reader to see if it works as you said. Actually, I want it to be a kind of "PAY PER VIEW" type magazine.
      Thanks alot !
      Onicagirl www.ishimagazine .com

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
        It is not that simple, and it also depends on how you want to check that they have actually paid.

The steps to follow are:

1. Subscription page: they click and they get redirected to PayPal to pay.
        2. Upon return from PayPal, they land in a page which contains a link to the magazine pages.

This landing page needs to be a standalone page, meaning that there must not be links to this page from anywhere, otherwise someones, especially search engine crawlers, can find it and then it will become public. Also you need to include a "Nonfollow" tag to show search engines that these pages must NOT be indexed.

Usually this type of sites follow a different approach: subscribers are to be registered. Their info is stored in a database. When the come back from PayPal, a script verifies that they have indeed payed. It automatically updates their member account with an indication that this member has paid the subscription up to date....... The magazine pages have public links, but the pages themselves are protected by a script that looks into the database to see if the member has paid, and if the subscription is valid, and only allows access if these conditions are fullfilled.

NAVALDESIGN: Thanks; I am going to run a test by asking a friend to subscribe using Paypal to see if she gets connected to the magazine. I'll tell you the results.

onicagirl www.ishimagazine.com

Comment

TO Navaldesign:
          Can you check my peace page. I am getting an error message that there is a programing error. Thanks. Click on PEACE.
          onicagirl www.ishimagazine.com

Comment

I'm not sure what i am supposed to see.
            You have a Javascript login form. This login is useless, as anyone can see the username and password in the page source code. the form field themselves are wrong as well as the type (Monica ?????)

Then, you have an image covering this login form. ????

Then, you have yet username / password fields but NOT a form associated to them.

I am not sure what you tried to do. A login script can't be done like this.

Have a look at http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/logginstep1.php
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X