Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tutorials on Button, Advanced, and Image Buttons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tutorials on Button, Advanced, and Image Buttons?

Hi . . . by now you'd think I would have figured out how to use the "Button" tool and, just to the right of it in the top menu, the "Advanced Button" and "Image Button" tools. But they are baffling me.

When I click "Button" and then double-click the initial button that appears, "Name" is the only field I understand under either tab. And I can't find a "Button" tutorial anywhere.

When I click "Advanced" and then try to double-click the button that appears, nothing happens. WHY? I have to right-click it, scroll down and select properties just to edit the button. Even then, I still don't understand where to enter the destination URL I want the button to connect to. I need a tutorial.

And after clicking "Image Button" and selecting an image to make into a button, the dialog box seems to have NO place to enter a destination URL. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding the purpose of an Image Button--to me it seems virtually the same as taking an image and hyperlinking it. But again, without a tutorial I am clueless. THANKS for any help you can give.

Re: Tutorials on Button, Advanced, and Image Buttons?

Double-click on "button" to open Properties....the first panel will list the attributes, and this is where you must assign labels and URL actions.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks, I know how to get to the Button Properties dialog. The problem is, I don't understand the fields in it. Under the General tab, what should I fill in to the 'Value/Label' field, and the 'Button Type' field? Under the Events tab, what should I fill in to the 'Event' 'Action' and 'Target' fields? If there were a tutorial for buttons, I wouldn't have to ask this, but I can't find any such tutorial. THANK YOU.

Comment

Vasili, or anyone else . . . if it's not too difficult, could you offer some feedback on my latest questions? I appreciate it.

Comment

Jimchicago! Well you raise a good question that has had me looking all over the forums and the tutorials. I have been able to find a couple of threads where Naval Design talks about using the advance button to close a popup window, but that's about it. I have never used the advanced or image button. The one just called "button", I know is used for creating forms. If you watch the forms tutorial you will see how that is used. But the other two???? I'm lost as well. Are you just curious as to what they do, or are you trying to do something specific? Maybe someone else will be by that knows the answer here? You might also post in the wish list thread and ask for tutorials on those buttons? Maybe someone will see it there.

P.S. I notice you still have your pink button problem. Have you seen THIS thread where Naval explains how to get rid of that?
          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Thanks, Cindy. Yes, I mainly was just curious about the image button and advanced button--I like to know as many options as possible. You say you use the basic "button" to create forms? Isn't it for creating . . . buttons?

As for the pink buttons, what page(s) of mine are you seeing them on? Not my main site, I hope. Thanks for forwarding that thread from Naval, that will be handy to have for future reference.

thanks,
            --Jim

Comment

Jim: The basic "button" is used to create a submit, reset, etc. button on a form that you create. I have a feeling that maybe the image button and advanced button are also used somehow in creating forms, like a contact form or a popup window, etc. If you view the tutorials (2 of them) on forms creation you will see they do talk about the "button" and how to use it.

Sorry, Jim, I don't know what your main site is, but this is the site that you had mentioned previously, http://www.jhwm.net/Test/indexpsi.html, as having problems with the nav bar turning pink on the roll over. When I bring it up, it turns pink for me still. Just didn't know if you had seen the above mentioned thread as a way to correct it, or if it is even an issue for you anymore.
              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Working...
              X