• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• popsgrassfedbeef

I have a problem the second page on web site, Order Beef, web site is
    http://www.popsgrassfedbeef.com
    When I click Pay Pal add to cart on Order Beef page I get Nick Ranch
    shopping cart. I must have been looking at other sites when working
    my site to see if I liked Pay Pal. So how do I get Nick Ranch out of my shopping cart, so I can install My Pay Pal Acc. Check out the site, tell me what you think. I am better at poking cows in the ass than trying to build a web site. Please help Thank You Jim

Re: popsgrassfedbeef

Hi Jim ... you are off to a great start ... I really like your colours and what you are trying to achieve ... I can't help you with your question, I'll leave that to those more experienced ...

A couple of things I do notice on your homepage are:
    * favrites should be favorites ...
    * there is a stray 'click on me to edit' text box at the bottom of the page
    * your pages seem to be wider than 800 wide ... maybe consider removing the right-hand shape as it does not serve a purpose and put a border on your text area
    * your pages may also look better centred in the browser ... right click on an empty part of the page click on page properties and check on the centre pages box
    * I notice you bold and centre all your big blocks of text. Centring and bolding text is normally used for highlghting. You may want to change the setting to left and maybe think about dropping the size of the font and take out the bold if there is any
    * should nutristious be nutritious?

Well done!
    kym, merlin & tala
    creating white majick
    www.whiteshepherds.com.au
    www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
    www.merlinsmajick.com
    www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Thank You whiteshepherds I need all the help I can get.

Comment

I think it might be a problem with the way you set up your paypal account. I had a problem with Paypal a couple of weeks ago. I sell design services on my site. . .but when they would pay. . .it would add a shipping charge!. . .finally figured it out. . .it was my Paypal account and how I set it up.. ..
        McBuff
        Stay Connected
        http://www.connectuswell.com
        http://www.househunterforyou.com
        http://www.sellhousewell.com
        http://www.truemasterplan.com

Comment

Originally posted by whiteshepherd View Post
          Hi Jim ... you are off to a great start ... I really like your colours and what you are trying to achieve ... I can't help you with your question, I'll leave that to those more experienced ...

A couple of things I do notice on your homepage are:
          * favrites should be favorites ...
          * there is a stray 'click on me to edit' text box at the bottom of the page
          * your pages seem to be wider than 800 wide ... maybe consider removing the right-hand shape as it does not serve a purpose and put a border on your text area
          * your pages may also look better centred in the browser ... right click on an empty part of the page click on page properties and check on the centre pages box
          * I notice you bold and centre all your big blocks of text. Centring and bolding text is normally used for highlghting. You may want to change the setting to left and maybe think about dropping the size of the font and take out the bold if there is any
          * should nutristious be nutritious?

Well done!
          WOW your web site is great, thats a class act!! I changed my home page
          its a little better. Duble click to edit is still there, could not find it to delete. I thank you for your input. Jim

Comment

Try this..
            1) Open up your page in BV
            2) Then on the tool bar click on "Edit"
            2A) Then click on ”Select All"
            this will show you all of your items you have placed on your page.
            3) Scroll down to find the highlighted "text box" that says "Double click to edit"
            4) Now you'll have to Unselect all – you can do so by clicking anywhere on the page
            Except on any already "selected" items.
            5) Then click on the rogue text box - right click and then click to delete it click delete.

If you are still unable to see the rogue “text box” try this
            A) Right click any where on a blank part of your page (not on an item)
            B) Click on “Page Properties”
            Now your page width should always be set to 800
            Your page height should be set to the length of you entire page (for scrolling up and down)
            You don’t want your pages too long – most people hate scrolling down forever, but sometimes to find rogue items, by setting this amount high, example 3200 we can scroll down find the item then delete or move it
            **Be sure to reset the page height back to a more reasonable length. Such as 1500
            NOTE: while in the page properties, you can check the box net to “center in Browser” this will center you entire page when published. (Click on the preview in browser button on the tool bar to preview before publishing)

Hope this helps. Keep up the good work you'll get there
            Beck
            www.hitchhikinghorses.com
            www.candcshires.com

Comment

Another Idea..
              You may want to think about adding some photos
              Maybe the ranch with the cattle? or any nice ad type photos of the cuts of beef to spice you your site? Get ideas from your local paper's ads example: Safeway BelAir & Raleys
              Just a thought.
              Beck
              www.hitchhikinghorses.com
              www.candcshires.com

Comment

Great job for a Cow poker!
                Brad Arnold.......
                www.baldwincomusic.com
                www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
                !Free Search Engine Submission!
                Talking Avatar for your web site!
                Free sound editor
                Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

Thanks for all the great info, made some changes to Home Page and Recipes Page. Still working on the other two pages. Please take a look.
                  Jim

Comment

Your wee group of navigation buttons have the text centred, might be worth having them set to the left as they are overlapping onto the little white arrows.

Also don't forget to give your pages a title name - right click on an empty area of your page to get the properties box...first thing it asks for: title. This is the time when you CAN use capital letters & spaces, unlike saving file names!

A grand job you've done though. :)
                    Mac
                    www.tiamats.co.uk

Comment

Mac22
                      Thank you for your in put, I am new at this and it is hard to see the little details. So thank you so much.
                      Jim

Comment

No worries. I was brand new to all this as well & I'm still learning......! :)
                        www.tiamats.co.uk

Comment

I love what you have done on the front page .. it looks great ..

With your captions maybe consider the left justifying the top one and moving the box closer to the pic and the bottom one right justify and move closer to the pic. And in that cption there should be their ..

Also the mouse rollover on your menu bar is still set to the bluevoda default you might want to change it to compliment your site.

I would love to read something about you, your family, the ranch and our passion for what you do.

And, thank you for your compliments ...

Keep up the good work.
                          kym, merlin & tala
                          creating white majick
                          www.whiteshepherds.com.au
                          www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
                          www.merlinsmajick.com
                          www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

I would like thank you all for your help and advice. If I keep working on this site maybe it will be ready before the cattle. The grass is great this year. Steers can gain 11/2 to 2 lbs. a day on good grass. We will have about 100 head ready by the end of next month. I have looked at all of your sites and they are great, it helps to see what can be done. I am learning a lot from all of you and will get better with bv as time goes on. It’s the journey that’s fun and exciting not the destination.
                            I thank all of you very much for your time.
                            Jim

http://www.popsgrassfedbeef.com

Comment

Working...
                            X